Okay, so how do you get the cute, domed top on votives?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Now that I've made several dozen 15 hour votives I am able to see some short comings... like the tops.

I can make the tops nice and smooth with a second pour... but, how do I get that cute, dome shaped top that commercial votives have?

???????

I'm newly confused, here.

Up until a moment ago I didn't fill in the depressions on the tops of my votives. They didn't matter for my use.

But, when I filled in the holes at the top a puzzling thing happened? the lowest part on the original candle became a little dome when I did the second pour.

How is that possible?

Why didn't it get lower like the first time?

Votive wax, like pillar wax shrinks, so you have to do a repour to get them to burn right. When I originally replied I thought you meant an actual dome shape, like you see in P*rtyL*te votives.
When you do the repour on votive, you will get that little lip that occurs near the wick. I've never really analyzed why you get that, so I don't know.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the dome you were talking about. :)

I assumed the same thing as you J.

What can you say after all that? What a whirlwind visit.

All I can think is WOW,just WOW!!!!

Munky.

Does anyone know where one can get the votive molds that are shaped like P*rtyL*te? I really do like their shape...

Back