Okay...let's tell it all

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiCi

Reaction score
What was YOUR most embarassing moment? Mine was this: I got on an elevator at the 7th floor of my job. Well, when I got on, I could tell that someone had just gotten off the elevator before it got to my floor and had cut a REAL silent but deadly. It was bad. I contemplated not getting into the elevator but I had to meet a client and was running late and didn't want to have to wait for the elevator, again...so I got in and prayed that I could get to the lobby without it stopping. Well, with the kind of luck that I have, I felt the elevator slow down and stop. A very well dressed gentleman got on at floor 6 and when he walked into the elevator one could see that the "perfume" hit him in the nostrils. I was soooo embarassed. I'm sure he thought I did it. My mouth kept opening to tell him it wasn't me, but words wouldn't come out. I figured he wouldn't believe me anyway and it would just sound worse with me trying to tell him. I ended up figuring that I would never see this man again, but boy was my face hot. He probably thought, "Dang this lady must be rotten inside." Gosh...I'm STILL embarassed. I guess I was getting paid back for all of the ones I cut in the grocery store when people and their carts walked the aisle behind me and caught a drift of my "perfume" :D Think I'm getting tired. Guess I'll go to bed. Good night, y'all.

My husband does that on purpose. Elevators, grocery stores, no place is safe.

CiCi i thought you were going to say the man in the elevator ended up being the client you were meeting with.

I was 14 years old and out to eat with my friends. I was wearing a brand new shirt dress with a super shiny wide belt(remember the 80s???) I noticed some older college age guys whispering and talking and they were looking at me! I knew I looked good in my new dress and mile high hair, and I even added a little extra strut as we left and walked past them. Yup, they were all looking at me, the coolest, prettiest, most mature girl in the world...

Yeah, when I got home, I realized that the entire back of my dress was tucked into my underwear and had been since I used the facilities at the restraunt. I can't believe none of my friends told me.. they said they didn't notice, but how do you not notice something like that???

I'm 35 years old and I still can't bring myself to go back to that restraunt.

My absolute embarassing moment was in high school. I had a short dress on, was walking down the crowded steps with a boy I had a crush on, flirting & such. Suddenly, I slipped. My butt hit the step, my legs straddled the boy's leg in front of me (he actually "caught' me), my shoes fell off and I dropped my books. Someone helped me up, handed me my shoes someone else my books. Yes I did have to pull myself up by my bootstraps.....

:oops: :oops:

OMG! Tab and Chay...what an ending that would have been. Just thinking about what COULD have been....can you even imagine :shock: ??? No he was just a very dignified looking gent who probably thought I lacked any class or manners.

ETA...MissJules and GB, those were funny stories. I was sitting here cracking up and glad that it wasn't me.

HAHAHAHAHAH those stories are funny, and I just spit coffee all over my laptop. ew ew ew

Ok so I am 18, in my Jordache jeans, also had mile high hair, cute little pumps on, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much make up, and my mom is with me to let me use her credit card :) So I am walking by the dude I have lusted over all thru high school, and what does my mom do??? She FALLS DOWN!!! Oh no you didn't!!!! Yep I looked down at her and told her that I would meet her in the food court after she picked herself up.

Nice kid huh?

I think its funny that no guys have posted on this thread (kind of says something psychologically...cant help but notice i was a psych major!)

Here I am wanting to post about an embarassing experience, but I cant remember any! do us guys just put these types of things out of our minds ??

maybe heres one...i think i asked every girl out in my entire school when i was about 9 or 10... no's all around, (i was that kid that looked like a little Russian refugee, hair all over the place....sweatpants (hey i believed in being comfortable no matter what others thought...still do only i get a nice haircut from time to time lol, and I like to dress up a bit now..) ) I remember this one girl I really liked named Aria who was as I thought...a really dear friend said yes....turned out she was just playing with my little young inexperienced heart...walked down the hallway and screamed..."PSYCH!!!!!" .... that sucked...

I think thats the only one I could remember :oops:

Oh Ian, I had a very similar incident in high school. I was 5 foot 11 & about 110 pounds. Very waif. A really attractive guy walked right up to me, his noses was 2 inches from mine & he said "I just have 2 words for you baby" "Ano-Rexia!" To which his friends died laughing, of coarse, it happened at the mall.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

i think you shouldve given him one of those nice old backhands on his cheek!

I have a story to add. While it may not be the most embarassing, the fact that it happened today has it at the forefront of my thoughts. I had to leave the house in a rush this morning. After working 10 hours and taking the kids out for pizza afterwards I finally make it home and crawl into my pajamas. That's when I realized that I was wearing a hot pink thong under my white summer slacks! :oops:

When I was a senior in high school, I belonged to an organization which was organizing a student blood drive with the Red Cross.

I was one of the lead organizers and one of the first to donate. I was feeling fine until I stood to leave...... .and promptly fainted in front of friends and classmates. :oops:

They sat me down. made sure I had cookies and oj......I stood up and yep, I fainted again. :oops:

Needless to say, I was told that maybe I was better off not donating again!

Jude

Years ago I lived in a small town .My SIL and I went to the big city to a garden show in a brand new civic center . After the long trip we needed to use the facilities . We walked right into the very open mens room . We laughed until we cried after we ran out ..Small town hicks lol.

kitn

oh my goat this is cracking me up rofl. I've lost count of all the embarressing moments in my life.

I remember seeing this outfit I REALLY liked and thought it would be nice to wear out on an upcoming date, all went well, nice dinner, nice company, looked pretty good if I do say so myself UNTIL..... I found out a few weeks later the outfit I wore were a pair of fancy pajamas, OH MY GOAT!!! I wore my jarmees on a DATE!!! :shock:

I've had MANY an embarrasing moment in my life being that I'm a complete clutz (I've unfortunately passed this gene onto my poor son) but I do remember one VERY embarrassing incident where it wasn't really my fault. It was early morning and I was wearing a very nice dress to come to work (I much prefer pants but every once in a while I'll wear a dress). I work in Washington DC very close to the White House where most folks are pretty conservative. I was doin just fine until I stupidly walked over a grate in the sidewalk and lots of air shot up through the grate just as I stepped on it. And yes, you guessed it, I did a Marilyn Monroe right there in the middle of DC. Talk about embarrassing!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: At least I was wearing undies!

Here is another one of many.
It was a long weekend , I ran a house cleaning business and we were working that day. I was in the kitchen , warming my coffee in the microwave .I was enjoying the view of the fields out the window, when I looked down at the counter , there was my coffee cup :shock: . WTH did I put in the microwave ,I wondered. So I open the door and there are my hubby's plastic frame, expensive work safety glasses , sitting there bubbling away. OMG I am still remembered at the opticians for that , they laughed until they cried when they saw the nuked glasses.

Kitn

Back