ok, tea tree stinks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CupcakeKisses said:
Thats just my opinon. How do I use this in products without the stink? I got a shipment from WSP today and I always get one bottle that leaks...never ever fails. well, of course this one leaked! ugh. It took me forever to get the stink from my hands.

So back on topic- how do you use it without the stink? I do not like it.

I do love thier cherry vanilla FO mmm, that smells great. I cant wait to make a gift set with it. and some balm for me. lol

Like all EOs, it smells alot better in soap. I go Burt's Bees style when I use it. I mix Lavender, Rosemary, and Tea Tree which is what they used to use in alot of their soaps.

IanT said:
this smell holds pretty true throughout the soap, if youd like...you may be able to transform the scent by using anything from the mint family or combining it with eucalyptus...

I love tea tree scent, but its all about personal preference

I agree I love tea tree oil. I have yet to make it in soap but I do use it all all my other household cleaners. Including my toothpaste and mouthwash. I did get some tea tree this past week to use in soap! I also bought some citrinella (sp?) to add to it. Hope that combo works well. can't wait

I'm not a fan of how tea tree oil smells too.

I have two bottles of tea tree oil and have still NOT want to work with it yet. the smell is just so strong! But when I do try it and I really do want to try it (now) after reading about the blends.

For my next soap batch, I will blend with lemongrass or eucalyptus oil. :)

I love it, though it is very strong at first, but you get used to it. I love making an all tea tree oil bar.

I have yet to use tea tree oil in any of my soaps....but I have used it on this funky rash that I had and had been treating with all different kinds of over the counter creams (antibacterial, fungal, whatever) which didn't really help...but used the tea tree oil on it for like 2 days...probably put it on 2 or 3 times a day...and it cleared it up! So as much as I don't really like the smell necessarily...I am now I believer of its uses :D My boyfriend actually put some on his athletes foot too...and cleared it up in a couple of days.

sandyvern said:
I have yet to use tea tree oil in any of my soaps....but I have used it on this funky rash that I had and had been treating with all different kinds of over the counter creams (antibacterial, fungal, whatever) which didn't really help...but used the tea tree oil on it for like 2 days...probably put it on 2 or 3 times a day...and it cleared it up! So as much as I don't really like the smell necessarily...I am now I believer of its uses :D My boyfriend actually put some on his athletes foot too...and cleared it up in a couple of days.

it has many many uses!!!

I love tea tree oil! It has marvelous properties, and the scent mixes well with other oils. Heck, I even brush my teeth with it - it completely eliminated my dental problems.

flyingpig said:
I love tea tree oil! It has marvelous properties, and the scent mixes well with other oils. Heck, I even brush my teeth with it - it completely eliminated my dental problems.

Do you use it straight ?

Kitn

I blend it with peppermint & euchalyptus for a foot cream. In the summer I add some menthol crystals.

Back