ok, tea tree stinks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CupcakeKisses

Reaction score
Thats just my opinon. How do I use this in products without the stink? I got a shipment from WSP today and I always get one bottle that leaks...never ever fails. well, of course this one leaked! ugh. It took me forever to get the stink from my hands.

So back on topic- how do you use it without the stink? I do not like it.

I do love thier cherry vanilla FO mmm, that smells great. I cant wait to make a gift set with it. and some balm for me. lol

this smell holds pretty true throughout the soap, if youd like...you may be able to transform the scent by using anything from the mint family or combining it with eucalyptus...

I love tea tree scent, but its all about personal preference

Tea Tree smells devine mixed with Lemongrass! One of my favorite blends, and really yummy used in a salt bar.

I made a foot balm recently that contained both lanolin and tea tree.. I found that if you put enough lanolin in it, your product will stop smelling like tea tree and will start smelling like a barn instead... Now, how to get rid of the barn smell....?

Seriously though, I used peppermint eo, I found that the regular pepermint blended with the fragrances of both the teatree and lanolin better than the redistilled. My end product was not my ideal fragrance, but it was tolerable. AND I already have three customers who swear by the balm even though it does have a bit of a barn smell to it.

Oh yes, and I did notice that the pepermint became more dominant after about a week, so don't be discouraged if at first it does not seem like it's blending well... just give it a try.

oh, sorry one more thing, I just made up some blends this morning to try to kill the barn smell in the lanolin (tolerable is one thing, but I want GREAT)... some have teatree, if any are good after they've set for a while, i'll post here

lsg - awesome link!! adding it to my research folder :)

likeitis- yeaahhh lol GOT to try it all thats the only way to know what i like!! :lol: :lol: I just keep adding stuff to my list of what i want to make next (I cant even see the end of it right now lol!)

Im so addicted to this new craft!

I believe tea-tree is coveted for it's properties & it's smell people just deal w/.

I used to dislike it, but got rather fond of it over the years. I mix it with any of the following eo's:

peppermint
lavender
eucalyptus
spearmint
lime
lemon or orange or lemongrass or litsea cubeba

or any combination of the above

Missjulesdid said:
I made a foot balm recently that contained both lanolin and tea tree.. I found that if you put enough lanolin in it, your product will stop smelling like tea tree and will start smelling like a barn instead... Now, how to get rid of the barn smell....?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

too funny!!

Not on a blending note...

but whenever I use EO's I buy from WSP, I use latex or vinyl gloves--because I always find their bottles leaky... at least I can peel the gloves off and leave the room! =)

sarahjane said:
Tea Tree smells devine mixed with Lemongrass! One of my favorite blends, and really yummy used in a salt bar.

i so agree with you!!! i LOVE the aroma of tea tree oil. and it is such a power packed little oil..lots of things you can use it for..:)

I like the smell of tea tree, although it can vary in scent depending on the brand. I find it to be a very clean smell.

I too love it :)... I love the ones that smell more with a ZANG to the nostrils, the ones you know are 100% EO with not many impurities...to me its on the same level with eucalyptus I love those strong scents mmm mmm :)

I don't like the smell of tea tree either so I can also recommend to mix something else into your soap that might balance the smell.

Latest posts

Back