Ok so my picts aren't as great as Neil's BUT

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

This is what I did today......

I made 4 batches of soap, each batch contained 35 ounces of oil

february14.jpg

wow thats alot of soap.. They look very nice too and the picture is fine. My batches are usually very small compared to yours. one of mine today was only 16 oz., the other 20 oz. I'm still in the experimenting and learning phase.

They might be smaller batches but they sure are pretty !!!!!!

I guess mine tend to be more 'functional' :roll: rather than being both functional and eye candy.... :p

I love the look of your soaps faithy! Simple is beautiful to me!

Heavy cream is what you buy in the grocery store in the dairy section by the milks. It's what is used to make whipped cream and other delish things. "heavy whipping cream" is what is on the label, it's the cream part of the milk after it's seperated.

Thanks Faithy: I imagine it makes the soap very smooth and creamy. Do
you add it at trace, and do you account for it in the lye calculation or just assume its oil properties as a super fat?

yes it does make the soap really smooth and creamy.

I work with it and figure it in just like I do GM and for my liquid amount I use 1/2 aloe juice mixed with my lye and the other 1/2 is heavy cream. And I add it at trace.

You've been a busy lady. It looks like some of your soap got partial gel. It could be the pictures too.

Those are beautiful. I love your choice of ingredients. Making my fingers itch just thinking about another batch.

Toby

Back