Ok Cricut peeps... bring on the enabling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🤓!! Ok @Ephemerella] you started all this, so I think you are the enabler, along with @lsg!
Ha! Well, given that I've blown my month's allotment of soaping fun money in one week on FOs *that I did not need!* (who am I kidding I *NEED* to sniff every FO evah!)... a little payback was due :p

Last edited:
Here are a few of the things that we have used the Cameo for. Unfortunately, I cannot find a photo of the tent with the signage on it.

All of the product labels are on printable vinyl which withstands the wear and tear of packing and unpacking. The wooden sign is regular permanent vinyl and the table sign is a heat transfer vinyl

Attachments

• Black Tux LotionBar1.png.png
    Black Tux LotionBar1.png.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • CandyCane Whipped Lotion.png.png
    CandyCane Whipped Lotion.png.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Fresh Lemon Sugar Scrub.JPG
    Fresh Lemon Sugar Scrub.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7603.JPG
    IMG_7603.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • hubbard table photo.jpg
    hubbard table photo.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Melissa!
Absolutely love your design !
Just a quick question: what kind of cricut do you have for the soap paper boxes ? I have a cricut joy on my amazon favourites, that has been standing there because I still do not know whether it is worth the buy (I have only just started making soap...).
Thank you !

Hi Melissa!
Just a quick question: what kind of cricut do you have for the soap paper boxes ? I have a cricut joy on my amazon favourites, that has been standing there because I still do not know whether it is worth the buy (I have only just started making soap...).
Thank you !
FYI, you can go to NeliDesigns dot com and sign up for her newsletter to receive a 10% discount code + free shipping of any purchase from the Cricut website. :)

FYI, you can go to NeliDesigns dot com and sign up for her newsletter to receive a 10% discount code + free shipping of any purchase from the Cricut website. :)
Thanks AliOop !
It's such an expensive buy though... I'll wait until I understand my needs a little better, and also understand which machine I need ;)

Hi Melissa!
Thank you !
Thank you. :) I have a cricut explore. You should still be able to make something like it on the joy but you will only be able to do one at a time.

Thanks AliOop !
It's such an expensive buy though... I'll wait until I understand my needs a little better, and also understand which machine I need ;)
That is a very wise choice! It's such a big investment. I already learned that much of the vinyl I purchased at Hobby Lobby isn't what I will end up using. Thankfully I can take it back, but a) that's a hassle, and b) every trip to HL means spending more money on cool stuff that I didn't know I wanted. 😁

That is a very wise choice! It's such a big investment. I already learned that much of the vinyl I purchased at Hobby Lobby isn't what I will end up using. Thankfully I can take it back, but a) that's a hassle, and b) every trip to HL means spending more money on cool stuff that I didn't know I wanted. 😁
Try Oracal vinyl. It's my favorite.

Try Oracal vinyl. It's my favorite.
Thanks, I haven't seen that brand, but will look for it. My mistake was buying different colors of HTV for a specific project that I now realize has to be Print and Cut. Doh! I was able to order and receive the correct white HTV for the P&C t-shirt project with my grandsons today. They had a lot of fun, and so did I. But once again, I forgot to get pictures. Doh!

Thanks, I haven't seen that brand, but will look for it. My mistake was buying different colors of HTV for a specific project that I now realize has to be Print and Cut. Doh! I was able to order and receive the correct white HTV for the P&C t-shirt project with my grandsons today. They had a lot of fun, and so did I. But once again, I forgot to get pictures. Doh!
I think Hobby Lobby sells Oracal though there are other places to buy it. Amazon has the black permanent on cheap. and 143vinyl is good.

Your grandsons are going to have such great memories of making things with you 😍 I bet they love coming to your house

I know what you mean !!!😁

Your grandsons are going to have such great memories of making things with you 😍 I bet they love coming to your house
Believe it or not, I think they had more fun doing yardwork with Pop-pop, maybe because he paid them? 😂 He decided it would be a great way to spend time together, teach them some skills, and lower our yard care bill. They had a blast, but we will see how they feel about it during the summer heat. 😉

Anyway, they took turns, with one working outside with their grandpa, while the other did the T-shirt project with me. That way, each grandparent had some alone-time with each boy. Then we ate lunch together around the table, talking about what’s happening in their lives. Precious times, indeed. 💜

So I just spent HOURS on this sign today and still have another one to do. It took alot to get the vinyl to sit correctly. I'm still looking at it going "things are crooked". Uggg.
I love it! You have a great eye for design!! Very well done!!!

Don't be too hard on yourself. As a "recovering perfectionist", I can say, Perfection is a real drag. Settle for "80% good enough" and you'll feel better about yourself remembering that others won't miss the extra time & money you might need to put into achieving the 20% to reach "perfection". It isn't worth it. :shakinghead:

Latest posts

Back