Oily Body Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyk

Reaction score
Hi people.

Is there something else other than cornstarch that can be added to body butter to get rid of the oiliness?

Body butter using just straight butters and oils always feels oily to me, no matter how much cornstarch I put in. I really don't like it. I make an emulsified butter instead, which I much prefer the feel of.

Not that I have tried it myself (I have only used cornstarch to date), maybe try Skin Flow C (which is a wheat starch) or arrow root.

The emulsified butters mentioned by Becky are wonderful!! And dry skin often really needs water, not just oil.

Or try using an oil such as grapeseed (something that absorbs quickly) as part of the formula. Change up the types of butters you are using to add ones that absorb easily.

Digit

Thanks for the replies I'm going to look into the emulsified butter to see what that is.

So many people on here have made butters and some comment on how they are not oily, maybe they just have really dry skin?

Cheers

I guess that depends on your formula. Maybe there's a way to cut the oilyness? I love adding cornstarch feels great on my feet and keeps it dry.

Latest posts

Back