Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abdel

Reaction score
Hi, i am new new in soap making, i have did successfully a castile soap and the result was amazing.
My question is: is the Palm oil we use in cooking and being sold every where in markets is good for soap, i assume it is a fully hydrogenated one?thanks

Yes, hydrogenated is fine for soap making. I have used hydrogenated palm, hydrogenated soy, etc. The hydrogenation process simply adds some fluffiness to the oil turning it into a solid and increasing shelf life. It is still the same oil, but with more trans fat content, which doesn't really create a problem for soap the way it does for our diets.

Yes, hydrogenated is fine for soap making. I have used hydrogenated palm, hydrogenated soy, etc. The hydrogenation process simply adds some fluffiness to the oil turning it into a solid and increasing shelf life. It is still the same oil, but with more trans fat content, which doesn't really create a problem for soap the way it does for our diets.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back