oil substitutions for soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't mean to start a controversy. my apology everyone.

All you did was ask an innocent question. No apology will be accepted at this time.

ROE is Rosemary Oleoresin Extract. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/rosemary-oleoresin-extract-roe.aspx

I have only stopped the dos problem with the lard I use from Smart & Final by adding in .1% extra BHT. I actually am slowly going back to using Palm Oil, which I purchase from Smart & Final as Palm Shortening. No DOS problems with it

I thought she made a funny.

i didn't mean to start a controversy. my apology everyone.
Your question was a good one, no need to apologize.:) Courtesy costs nothing and goes a long way in keeping the forum user friendly. It is when someone starts pontificating that most of us get riled.:mrgreen:

I don't know if others have found this to be the case, but I found sesame oil alone produces a lot of bubbles, so I use it for castor sometimes. Or adding anything with sugars can increase bubbles. Egg yolk boosts bubbles, too. (Just run the faucet into a bowl after beating eggs for an omelet and see all the bubbles.)

Rice bran oil for olive oil.
Agreed on any kind of sugars. I use brown or white or molasses (date). In the beginning I didnt even know about all the soap /oil properties, only skin so I didnt use castor at all, or coconut or olive. The soap had lather but not a bubble bath full but the soap was mediocre cleansing and what people said was moisturizing but we know its sort of conditioning. I will stand by tallow in my region as the foundational fat used and all other oils are additionals for antiox, vit E, but then no ricinoleic content so I use castor for now. What about glycerine? Can we get away without it and sub it in LS dilution? Great thread, thank you for opening it to the one who did.

It gives more bubbles just like with goat milk, but I think they are a little fluffier/less dense than goat milk. You can either use canned coconut milk or use coconut milk powder which is easier and goes a long way.

When you get ready to try it, let us know... we can give tips on successfully using milks in soap. :)
So we can use coconut milk instead of coconut oil to increase coconut properties without needing to use the oil?
Thank you for all your useful advice and information.

So we can use coconut milk instead of coconut oil to increase coconut properties without needing to use the oil?
Thank you for all your useful advice and information.
Snappy hasn't been here for nearly 2 yrs, so it's not likely you will get a answer to your question from them. This thread is over 5 yrs old, not everyone is still around from old posts.

Snappy hasn't been here for nearly 2 yrs, so it's not likely you will get a answer to your question from them. This thread is over 5 yrs old, not everyone is still around from old posts.
I am an expert in questioning old threads.🤦🏻‍♀️thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back