Oil of oregano in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaerwen

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Ive had a friend ask me if I can make her an acne bar using oil of oregano.... she uses it in an olive oil dilution but would prefer a soap.
I read somewhere that you can use as little as 15 drops of tea tree per lb of soap for acne treatment... would oil of oregano be the same? Has anyone else tried this? (its SO expensive so I dont want to overdo it!)
I was thinking Id go with coconut, olive, avocado oils and mango butter...
thoughts?
Thanks!

Hello!
I have acne too but never heard of using oregano oil for it. For my facial soap I add some jojoba to my base and some activated charcoal too. The only one soap I made with oregano oil came out really nice but I can't help you with exact amount because I tend to overscent my soaps. Anyways, I'd say with oregano a little goes a long way as it is pretty strong.
HTH

I would use tea tree, eucalyptus and or lavender along with charcoal for acne prone skin. I haven't tried oregano because it would remind me of pizza or spaghetti sauce.

soapbuddy: Yes, Pizza ... gross. I have taken it for sinus infections, and thats all I can think of with that nasty aftertaste!!
I think I will just make a pound for her.. and follow the other suggestions for a bar for the general public. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back