OHHH the torture....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprice522

Reaction score
I finally decide to join the inverted stamping challenge.
I decide on my recipe.
I made my stamp.
I started dragging out all my stuff and had it all set up and start to tare my scale.

ONLY Half the screen shows up.

AHHHHH are you KIDDING ME!!!???

I have been waiting to soap for about a week now. Getting kids back to school and into the groove has just sucked the life out of my hobby time...and I finally have some time and have my plans and I cannot measure.

To make it worse--I have my first order of micas that I was ready to use...and then I got a package from a flash Facebook sale....some oils, all new lye (4lbs just begging to be used) and butters...

I thought...maybe I throw kids in bed early and find a local source for a scale but found nothing decent...so I wait till Friday when the my weigh 7000 comes from Amazon.

GRRRR...vent over...thanks for listening.

I finally decide to join the inverted stamping challenge.
I decide on my recipe.
I made my stamp.
I started dragging out all my stuff and had it all set up and start to tare my scale.

ONLY Half the screen shows up.

AHHHHH are you KIDDING ME!!!???

I have been waiting to soap for about a week now. Getting kids back to school and into the groove has just sucked the life out of my hobby time...and I finally have some time and have my plans and I cannot measure.

To make it worse--I have my first order of micas that I was ready to use...and then I got a package from a flash Facebook sale....some oils, all new lye (4lbs just begging to be used) and butters...

I thought...maybe I throw kids in bed early and find a local source for a scale but found nothing decent...so I wait till Friday when the my weigh 7000 comes from Amazon.

GRRRR...vent over...thanks for listening.

Oh man, that stinks! I know the feeling of waiting and juggling responsibilities, all the wile anticipating your next opportunity to soap. And then just when you think you have an apportunity, something ruins the plan. :x

It will be that much sweeter when you finally get your scale!

Happy soaping!

Maybe try popping out the battery for about two minutes and replacing it? Sometimes the dear little computer in there just needs a reset.

Or the battery itself could be weak. One of my digital thermometers acts really freaky when the power gets low, instead of just dimming out the way you'd expect. I lose bits and pieces of numbers.

Maybe try popping out the battery for about two minutes and replacing it? Sometimes the dear little computer in there just needs a reset.

Or the battery itself could be weak. One of my digital thermometers acts really freaky when the power gets low, instead of just dimming out the way you'd expect. I lose bits and pieces of numbers.

You sound like my husband... :) He had me do the batteries, no work, then being the electronics fixing guy (yup, he just changed my 3rd iPhone screen tonight), he tore it apart and checked to make sure that there wasn't a plug or saudering thing that had come undone.

He told me it was broken. It was a thin cheap display and any number of things could have been the problem. :-x So I wait. Then wait again due to obligations, but darn it I will put my kids to bed early on Sunday night if I have to drug them to get it done! I WILL SOAP!

Scales and SB's, I alway have backups. I have gone through 3 scales in the last couple of years, and being the junkie that I am, I keep a new one (after testing it, I take the batteries out) on hand just in case. That is probably a sad comment, but it does help when you have oils and lye waiting and you can't measure them otherwise ...

That's rough. I actually try to schedule mine in on the calendars. Almost never goes as planned. I know it irks me when I'm looking forward to soaping and it gets delayed; after soap calc-ing like crazy for a solid 4 hours hours, research and watching vids, and telling everyone in my house that I am not talking to them for 2-3 hours. Work loves to just butt in with a shizstorm and the family insists on eating dinner everyday. Greedy, I know, I tried to tell them.

I think not_ally is on the money. I may try myself to get a back up SB when the price drops on Amazon. Thankfully my partner is elitist about coffee and has really nice scale to measure out grounds and water for this coffee ritual (Chemex or whatever) every morning. It's great to have a second one, sometimes mine is too far too reach (ie mine was left upstairs when I'm down stairs). Of course I don't switch between the two in one session.

IMO, Bright side: Scale crapped out before you started. It could have easily done so during your session. That'd be far more cruel.

My first scale lasted a couple years..and I experienced the 'scale craps out *during* my measuring' scenario...needless to say there was much cursing in my house that day.

I now have a new scale, and I take the batteries out immediately after Im done measuring.

Latest posts

Back