Oh YUM!! First CPOP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmqmama

Reaction score
I wish there was smellovision! :) I can't call it After 8, but it smells exactly like the After 8 mint sticks we buy at Christmas. Maybe Avant Neuf? lol

These will be Christmas gifts for BIL and my mom - they are addicted to After 8 mints. :)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1382970278.823971.jpg

I used 1oz ppo, but did 1/2oz chocolate mint in each 1/2 of batter, then 1/2oz candy cane in the green, and 1/2oz chocolate fudge in the brown, so the green is "mintier" and the brown is "chocolatier".

My first cpop. I can't believe how much brighter the colours came out. I fiddled with the oven. Set it to 200 while I was doing the lye and oils. Turned it off before I put the mold in and set the timer for 2hrs. Once I brought it out, it was the perfect texture to play with the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Looks good! You can call them "After 8" if you are not selling them. If you are just giving them away to your family there is no harm there... selling it is another thing....

Your colors turned out so bright! So gorgeous! And my husband would go crazy for the scent too! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Awesome!
I have Chocolate mint FO at home for quite a long time now and now I see I have to try it! It does smell like real After 8. Your soaps are gorgeous and the colors are great choice!

The colors are beautiful! They really do look like those mints. Your family will be so happy to get these soaps for Christmas!

I have never tried cpop. Maybe I should reconsider.

Apres huit, but I'm just being "punny". :)

I was terrified of my over, but I love the brightness and the texture with the CPOP. It may be my new "go-to".

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

What kind of mold did you use?

Just my 2lb wooden mold. I didn't want to do a big batch in case I messed up. Now I wish I had more. I did drop one "accidentally" so it's dented and must now become mine. ;)

Very lovely soap!! I did something very similar with my hot process and it turned out great, but not nearly as beautiful as yours being CPOP.

I love HP, but after my last batch I've become a convert to CPOP. Lovely colors! Will someone hurry up and invent smell-o-vision already!

They look great! My first batches didn't look nearly as good.

Yes, when the soap gels, the colors will "pop" and get more intense.

Be prepared, your lather may be colored green & brown but it shouldn't stain anything.

Latest posts

Back