Oh the things you begin to notice...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
When you've been doing this for a while, and researching, and looking at labeling requirements and reading this forum and other groups.

My mother was given some handmade bath products from a coworker in her office. A sugar scrub and a couple of bath bombs. The scrub is in a beautiful bottle, and while the designer in me is mentally critiquing the design of the label, the rest of me, having learned so much over the last year is going "Sooooo, what's in it? Is it safe to use this in the shower and get water in? There's no ingredient list, does it have a preservative? What's in the bath bombs? Are they just baking soda and citric acid or what? Ma'am I hope you don't sell to people that have allergies!"

My mom gave me some bath salts I had gotten her at a craft fair that she had never used and I did the same thing! There was nothing on the label except a company name and city. Unfortunately every search I did on the company name either turned up with dead sites or companies in other states. They were pretty nice bath salts, I hope they didn't get into any trouble because of it.

Back