Oh my!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well that was a complete disaster! The top felt hard. All I can think is that it’s a FO I usually use in pull throughs because it decelerates. Craptastic!! I smooshed it back into the mold and it’s in the oven at 180 for 10 minutes. I’ll smoosh once more, then 10 more mins and turn oven off. Any other ideas on how I am completely ruin a perfectly good batch of soap? 😆🤷🏻‍♀️💩

When you’re making an unmold ing video and the soap is a surprise disaster. 😂😆🤣

Attachments

• 89CE01BB-DF8C-4A4D-9599-A03FEBAAC56A.jpeg
    89CE01BB-DF8C-4A4D-9599-A03FEBAAC56A.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 9B518B3C-7D6F-4F40-ABCC-6AC356B12D7D.jpeg
    9B518B3C-7D6F-4F40-ABCC-6AC356B12D7D.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 0
I had two separate posts/comments for a reason. They were very different thoughts. It’s starting to feel like I maybe just don’t know how to use the forum properly.

Ok, so I had two posts here and someone combined them. Could someone please explain what I did wrong in posting?
I had two separate posts/comments for a reason. They were very different thoughts. It’s starting to feel like I maybe just don’t know how to use the forum properly.
For the two above comments, use the "Edit" button on the lower left to add the second comment to the first one. Then delete the second comment. It won't post until you type "deleted" in the box. Then hit the "Report" Button and type something along the lines of "Please delete. Thank you." Then wait and see if it ever gets deleted. 😁

As for why your threads were combined, I imagine ADMIN/MODS felt they belonged together.

Oh My! Indeed.

I look at that picture of you and I see the caption: Kitten Love DUDE!
I don’t understand what that means.
To the Admins...thank you. It's even more funny now. And I won't use that acronym again.
What acronym?
For the two above comments, use the "Edit" button on the lower left to add the second comment to the first one. Then delete the second comment. It won't post until you type "deleted" in the box. Then hit the "Report" Button and type something along the lines of "Please delete. Thank you." Then wait and see if it ever gets deleted. 😁

As for why your threads were combined, I imagine ADMIN/MODS felt they belonged together.

Oh My! Indeed.
Can anyone explain why my two posts and photos were combined? It seems trivial, and not agains any rules or etiquette that I can find. I’m trying to play by the rules and abide by all etiquette. This forum has been a real sanctuary for me over the last few years. I’d really like that to continue!

Turns out cooking and smooshing did a pretty decent job at salvaging much of this soap. (Aka welded soap technique) This is the first time I used this FO in my 7.5lb loaf mold. It is a go to favorite scent of mine for pull throughs because it genuinely decelerates. I’ll have to remember to let this big mold sit for a few days next time, if I use this FO in it. But I got 4bars for my discount basket (second to last pic), and a few extra sample slices (last pic). Still not too bad. My white was kind of yellow, and the drop swirls were not as defined as I’d like. I’m happy it’s not trash!! But I may have to give it another try. I think the batter was actually too thin.
Still it smells really good and it’s not brown mud!! Awaken is a great scent if you want to move real slow and stay super fluid!!
(Here’s hoping I posted appropriately.

Attachments

• 971D4C71-4AE9-4312-BD97-5564DBA6C9BB.jpeg
    971D4C71-4AE9-4312-BD97-5564DBA6C9BB.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5DD0B616-E5A4-4E9B-964B-9FB8800797BF.jpeg
    5DD0B616-E5A4-4E9B-964B-9FB8800797BF.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 61887012-8F34-439B-BE77-6DF0E831E955.jpeg
    61887012-8F34-439B-BE77-6DF0E831E955.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 36ECEB86-81A0-42C4-8857-4750F82777C2.jpeg
    36ECEB86-81A0-42C4-8857-4750F82777C2.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 0
  • 8805CD5F-21C8-4C04-B803-199552A11720.jpeg
    8805CD5F-21C8-4C04-B803-199552A11720.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BD488D25-6867-4FB1-A316-4B6B875B49A4.jpeg
    BD488D25-6867-4FB1-A316-4B6B875B49A4.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
Soaps look good - great save!

I would guess that Gecko originally used an acronym representing a stronger version of "what the heck". Whenever one of us inadvertently violates the family-safe SMF language rules, the admins replace those words with "kitten love." Cracks me up every time! 😁

Regarding your combined posts: whenever someone posts 2x in a row, the admins usually combine those posts. However, this is your picture thread, and usually that does allow for multiple consecutive posts by the author. You can always PM an admin to get more clarity. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. The admins will PM you if you need to do something differently. 😊

I would guess that Gecko originally used an acronym representing a stronger version of "what the heck". Whenever one of us inadvertently violates the family-safe SMF language rules, the admins replace those words with "kitten love." Cracks me up every time! 😁

Regarding your combined posts: whenever someone posts 2x in a row, the admins usually combine those posts. However, this is your picture thread, and usually that does allow for multiple consecutive posts by the author. You can always PM an admin to get more clarity. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. The admins will PM you if you need to do something differently. 😊
Thanks. I was unaware of the “kitten love” replace. The combining of my posts is just kind of 🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess. Trying not to trip on it, but it does have a dampening affect.

Nah, don't let it bug ya. 🤗 Much goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly. Some of those things can be a little mysterious to those of us who just show up for the party, but I trust that they have good reasons for doing what they do.

If they don't PM you to alert you to a problem, then there is no problem. 😀

I couldn’t figure that one out, either. Thanks for the info!🤣

Back