Oh my Patchouli..........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

is all gone and it has gotten way to expensive to use in everything.

So --

I am thinking of using Patch EO in leave on products and Patch FO in soap.

If I can find one that doesn't make me gag.

Can anyone recommend a good Patchouli FO?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marr

there is some kind of worldwide patchouli shortage....seriously. my fiance uses it everyday so i am glad i bought him a gigantic bottle.

as far as FO goes, i haven't tried any, but remember seeing a description of a patchouli blend somewhere that sounded really nice....i'll try to remember who had it...

fragrance shopping this morning....

on wholesale supplies plus:
nag champa (great reviews) - i think i am going to get some of this...

patchouli (got pretty good reviews)

witches brew (which is the scent that i was remembering and everyone was saying it was awesome in soap, BUT the company says its not rated soap safe becaus it can cause some to have an allergic reaction....)

Witches Brew is awesome by most companies but you do have to watch the cinnamon in it.

I get my patchouli from aura cacia. Although it maybe pricey for some I only buy it in small amounts because I don't use it that much. I make a body butter with it and lavender for my feet and it smells amazing!

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I love Witches Brew too! I am going to try Tony's as it's soap safe.

I need a straight patch for some of my blends though. I ordered samples from several companies. I hear Peaks and Tri-State both have a good one in addition to those posted here.

Hopefully the price will go down soon - like before patch isn't hot anymore. :)

Thanks again!

Marr

If you are looking for nag champa, Tony's nag champa is to die for. Also look for the scent Karma. It is a patchouli blend. scent Works and Oregon Trails carry it. Both are nice.

The tsunami wiped out a lot of the Indonesian Patchouli production. I am buying Chinese Patch EO for a great price. It is not the dark green like the Indio Patch, but you sure can't beat the price. I recently bought 1 pound of it for anchoring purposes. You have to use a bit more in soap than I did the Indio Patch, but it smells about the same.

Paul

Back