Oh my gosh...I did it!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reallyrita

Reaction score
I just made goat milk soap! And, it looks pretty good!! I have been wanting to make it for a year now, but I was scared!! (I know, I know, Paul....). I bought some fresh gm at the market and I just went and did it. It was not scary at all. I made a 2lb batch with OO,CO,PO, silk and a little bit of castor oil. Also, 2 tbs. of colloidal mixed into some of the warm oils and then added at light trace. I used part water and part full-fatted gm. I added the gm just after emulsion. I used my kelsie mold as my TOGs were all full of other batches. I rushed the mold into the freezer for about 2 hours,then I put it in the fridge for about 15 hours. No colorant and no scent. It is so creamy white. I hope it stays that way. Does not smell of anything at this point, although when freshly poured it smelled like a wet diaper!! I hope to post some pics tomorrow!! DH is my photographer and he is super busy today so hate to ask him. Got to learn to do it myself!!

WooHoo! You go girl! I'm so happy for you! :) I love milk soaps. Be prepared to be hooked on making them now. :)

IrishLass

Yea............. Go ReallyRita Go!! :lol: :lol: You know what I am going to say next...............pics? :lol: :lol:

I have done one and it is not so white. Okay, more like.....well.......let us just say not white and leave it at that. :roll: Maybe I will give it a go this afternoon. You inspired me.

Digit

Pics are a-coming! Check back in Photo Gallery later on today.....still white, no longer stinky!

Latest posts

Back