Oh man! I can't believe i did this!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaniceWalker

Reaction score
Ok!!! Ive been making soaps well over a year and just now getting on board the soapmakingforum (you guys have always helped me out when i needed it). So i came on board to ask a question,
I was making a batch today, and i always discount my water (not oils) when adding a puree. Why would today be any different??? I don't know where my head was at, but i discounted MY OILS THIS TIME!!!! YIKES. Any suggestions? Advice? SF at 4%, and added carrot puree (so i subtracted 2.5 oz of olive oil-im a dork!!!!). Im a mess right now, racking my brain if its ok, i never have done that and can't believe i messed it up. Im usually so careful!!! Anyway, just wondering if my soap is any good now??? my recipe is a bastille,,,so
32 oz olive oil (was supposed to be 37.5)
3.5 oz coconut oil
liquid was cow and goat milk.
gives it 90% olive and 10% coconut oil
How would that 2.5 out of olive oil affect the soap??? Cant you tell I'm freaking out???? lol

Thank you , thank you , thank you. I was trying to do the calculations and my brain was a mess,,,so i needed some other input. You don't know how much you helped me. i appreciate it lots

Of course! Next time, just type in what oils/amounts went into your calculator. Then, adjust the SF% (lye discount) until you get closest to the amount of lye you put in.

If the SF is 0-positive, you're good to go. :)

I use soapee.com because it outputs in real time and I don't have to hit "calculate" each time I change it.

Latest posts

Back