Quantcast

Oh man! I can't believe i did this!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

JaniceWalker

Reaction score
Ok!!! Ive been making soaps well over a year and just now getting on board the soapmakingforum (you guys have always helped me out when i needed it). So i came on board to ask a question,
I was making a batch today, and i always discount my water (not oils) when adding a puree. Why would today be any different??? I don't know where my head was at, but i discounted MY OILS THIS TIME!!!! YIKES. Any suggestions? Advice? SF at 4%, and added carrot puree (so i subtracted 2.5 oz of olive oil-im a dork!!!!). Im a mess right now, racking my brain if its ok, i never have done that and can't believe i messed it up. Im usually so careful!!! Anyway, just wondering if my soap is any good now??? my recipe is a bastille,,,so
32 oz olive oil (was supposed to be 37.5)
3.5 oz coconut oil
liquid was cow and goat milk.
gives it 90% olive and 10% coconut oil
How would that 2.5 out of olive oil affect the soap??? Cant you tell I'm freaking out???? lol

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much lye? Need to know that to recalculate for you. :)

Edit: and how much goats/cow milk? Full fat? Skim? Ect.

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be just fine. At a 0% SF, you needed 4.97 oz of lye. You're just above that at 5 oz. Plus, with your goat/cow milk you're almost certainly looking at a positive superfat!

JaniceWalker

Reaction score
Thank you , thank you , thank you. I was trying to do the calculations and my brain was a mess,,,so i needed some other input. You don't know how much you helped me. i appreciate it lots

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course! Next time, just type in what oils/amounts went into your calculator. Then, adjust the SF% (lye discount) until you get closest to the amount of lye you put in.

If the SF is 0-positive, you're good to go. :)

I use soapee.com because it outputs in real time and I don't have to hit "calculate" each time I change it.