Oh Happy day!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hbsmith121

Reaction score
I just wrote up this LONG text about how my last 3 batches of CP soap have failed miserably. Recipes I knew well and used regularly. Nothing was getting past jell stage. I was so upset and frustrated. And as I was writing it I thought, jell stage? What sounds familiar about that??? THen I checked my lye. !#!%$^!!!! I bought potassium hydroxide by mistake!!!! What a waste of product I have thrown away.
People, just be aware of what you are buying, don't make my mistake!
Happy soaping!

I just wrote up this LONG text about how my last 3 batches of CP soap have failed miserably. Recipes I knew well and used regularly. Nothing was getting past jell stage. I was so upset and frustrated. And as I was writing it I thought, jell stage? What sounds familiar about that??? THen I checked my lye. !#!%$^!!!! I bought potassium hydroxide by mistake!!!! What a waste of product I have thrown away.
People, just be aware of what you are buying, don't make my mistake!
Happy soaping!
It is a shame you threw away your KOH, it is useful in dual lye soaps.

I actually still have some KOH left, unfortunately I threw out the soap.
I've never used them together can you point me to some info on how to use them both?

Too bad you threw out the soap - you actually had soap paste that could have been diluted for liquid soap, or mixed with sugar to make sugar scrubs, etc.

Anyhoo, if you search for dual lye soaps, that should get you started. Or just use 95% NaOH and 5% KOH as a good starting point. The soapmakingfriend calculator allows you to put in dual lye as part of your recipe.

Latest posts

Back