Oh, for crying out loud — 50% off 1oz FOs & 30% off 1oz EOs at CS — where is the face slap emoji?!?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-High tide: Tropical and "oceany" if thats a thing. With strong floral undertones. Not my favorite "oceany" scent from these guys but solid none the less. 3/5

-Sea minerals: Very similar to sea mist but more subdued with a stonger "salty" smell if that makes sense. 3/5

-Lavender Driftwood : Really dig this one. Imagine a soft lavender scent thats perfectly intense and add a slightly smoky woodsy note. Lovely. 4/5

-Golden Santal: Another hard one to describe. I don't even know what I'm smelling to be honest. Maybe amber and some florals? Not sweet or fruity. More sultry than fresh. It's good though. 3/5

-Fresh Cut Grass: I'm a weirdo. I like the smell of cut grass. This one nails it almost too well. Not for everyone! It smells like grass to the point of I can smell the dirt in the grass. Wow. 5/5 for accuracy but 2/5 for enjoyability. Only order if you really want accurate grass smell. Not sure what I'll use it for..Candle?
As I write this, I’m burning a candle made with Sea Minerals and I LOVE IT. It’s such a clean smell, definitely mineral-y but not seaweedy. I haven’t used it in soap, but I definitely recommend for a candle.

I also used High Tide in a candle…..it’s not bad, but not as good as Sea Minerals IMO. Plus the title makes me think of Roll Tide which definitely works against it, lol…..

Golden Santal makes a fabulous lotion.

I love the smell of cut grass too! I’ve got a bottle of this but haven’t used it yet. A candle is probably the logical choice for usage, I’d think. I made grass-scented soap with a FO from another vendor and it was kinda weird (although I think the CS scent is better).

I love seeing all the Candle Science love here! I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, but I discovered them a while ago and just love their stuff. Plus, as I understand it they’re a small, family-owned company and I love to support that. ❤️

I also avoided this thread like the plague 💀

And by avoided, I mean I opened CS, looked at their FOs to see if anything would suit an upcoming project I have in mind, saw nothing was quite right, and then closed the tab 🤣🤣 I have some more random FOs to use up before I'm allowed to add more "unspoken for" FOs to my collection 🤣

+1ing their Grapefruit & Mint, though. I picked that out as a free sample when I bought some non-FO related things from them and that one sounded interesting. It's really a lovely scent and I had absolutely gorgeously smooth and fluid batter when I used it in a soap.

I have a small bottle of Nordic Night that I intended to make a candle with around Christmastime but never got around to it. Are you going to make soap with it? If you do, please report back how you like it! 😁
Yes, I will be making soap out of it, but no promises that I'll get to it anytime soon. I buy my FOs pretty far out. I will report how I like it though when I get to it!

Sorry to be away, I actually got to soap in between snowstorms, but it's been hectic.

@MellonFriend I have stopped hoarding quilting supplies for the moment. I just ran out of room to quilt, and it was such a hassle to tear apart my one little work space every time I wanted to work on something. And with quilting, it was a major hassle if I had to pack things in mid-project. Soap used to be more manageable space-wise, but now that's rapidly becoming debatable.

@bwtapestry Excellent idea about storage. Now that I have more FOs than I'll use in any reasonable amount of time, I am curious about storage. Thank you for sharing!

@scmorgans Amazing! Morgans are such a unique breed. Every breed has incredible attributes, and I have had a lot of horses I've loved, but there is something about the Morgan mind that takes a partnership to a new level.

@MomInWA Arabs are awesome! I got to work with several over the years, I never stop admiring them. Intelligence and pure heart. And Morabs, too... hubba hubba!

@thetoe I'm so glad you've discovered a new and valuable resource, and your descriptions are spot on!

@VikingChick So glad to learn they are a family-owned business! Their branding is so professional and clinical (and lovely, not knocking it at all) that it feels like a big, sterile company. Thank you for sharing that!

I also avoided this thread like the plague 💀

And by avoided, I mean I opened CS, looked at their FOs to see if anything would suit an upcoming project I have in mind, saw nothing was quite right, and then closed the tab 🤣🤣 I have some more random FOs to use up before I'm allowed to add more "unspoken for" FOs to my collection 🤣

+1ing their Grapefruit & Mint, though. I picked that out as a free sample when I bought some non-FO related things from them and that one sounded interesting. It's really a lovely scent and I had absolutely gorgeously smooth and fluid batter when I used it in a soap.
basti:
curious if the Grapefruit/mint scent stayed after curing................. I've been "seeing" that one but have bot allowed myself to click the Cart tab!

basti:
curious if the Grapefruit/mint scent stayed after curing................. I've been "seeing" that one but have bot allowed myself to click the Cart tab!
It's not as potent for sure. But I'm happy with it. Used it in some salt bars.

Also an update :
My second order came in. Some stand outs were:
-Campfire marshmallow
-Peach Bellini
-Sea Salt and orchid (wow , holy crap this one is amazing)

I'll add more later when I have time to review.

It's not as potent for sure. But I'm happy with it. Used it in some salt bars.

Also an update :
My second order came in. Some stand outs were:
-Campfire marshmallow
-Peach Bellini
-Sea Salt and orchid (wow , holy crap this one is amazing)

I'll add more later when I have time to review.
Midwest has strawberry peach champagne. At least that's what they call it. To me, it smells like peach bellini and I am TOTALLY making more of those for next Mardi Gras. I sold out of those for Mardi Gras and they smell so good.

basti:
Sorry for the late response! Just did a fresh sniff test for you. The soaps I used it in are almost three months old now (cure began Jan 7th) and the scent is still strong. 😁

Back