Oh, for crying out loud — 50% off 1oz FOs & 30% off 1oz EOs at CS — where is the face slap emoji?!?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahah! I seriously was a little worried. Now I feel okay about it! What do you guys keep your FO's in as far as storage goes?

Making another order lol. Any FO's I shouldn't miss out on? List your favorites please.

Same. I have an attic full of yarn and an office (which I now affectionately call my "soap lab") full of FOs. I need to go through and purge my yarn, but some of it is over 30 years old......

And of course, I still have tons of FOs from when I first started with M&P 15+ years ago. When I came back to soaping after a 10 year hiatus, I bought all new stuff, but still haven't tossed the old. I really should, but hoarding is hard.....
Carly B, I might be willing to take some yarn off your hands but not if it’s acrylic. Give some details on what you have that you’d be willing to part with please!

Carly B, I might be willing to take some yarn off your hands but not if it’s acrylic. Give some details on what you have that you’d be willing to part with please!
Thanks for the offer, but the reason it's been in the attic is because it would be such a major effort to sort it out---I've dragged it around with me for the past 25 years--plus there was evidence that a mouse had been in it at one time, so going through bags of yarn skein by skein is not something I'm eager to take on at this time.

Placed another order last night lol. I couldn’t pass it up.

My order is here already! Oh my gosh they all smell amazing! The Red Ginger Saffron is unlike anything I've ever smelled! The Creme Brulee is probably my favorite OOB. Incredible. Pink Sugar is not what I was expecting, more of a powdery and fruity scent than I had in my head. Freesia and Lilac is really beautiful. I'm not a floral person, so I'm glad I took the plunge and bought that one. Nordic Night is subtle scent with an earthy undernote that I'm excited about. I think the only one I didn't talk about yet is the Black Raspberry Vanilla which I think lives up to the hype! I thought it would be over the top fruit, but it's really a nice mellow and sweet fruitiness.

My order is here already! Oh my gosh they all smell amazing! The Red Ginger Saffron is unlike anything I've ever smelled! The Creme Brulee is probably my favorite OOB. Incredible. Pink Sugar is not what I was expecting, more of a powdery and fruity scent than I had in my head. Freesia and Lilac is really beautiful. I'm not a floral person, so I'm glad I took the plunge and bought that one. Nordic Night is subtle scent with an earthy undernote that I'm excited about. I think the only one I didn't talk about yet is the Black Raspberry Vanilla which I think lives up to the hype! I thought it would be over the top fruit, but it's really a nice mellow and sweet fruitiness.
Awesome! My first order should be here today. I'll smell em all and report back!

Order is in. Right off the bat, I'm going to tell you all this now. From here on out, this will be my main supplier of FO's! I ordered 18 different scents and I didnt find a single one that was a throw away.

I'm gonna go ahead and give my thoughts. Couple things to keep in mind. All were smelled straight out of the bottle. I'll update this post when I use them in soap and they finish. Ratings will be from 1-5. With 1 being throw away, 2 being I'd use but not order again, 3 being I'd order again, 4 being I'll keep in my rotation, and 5 being and all time favorite.

-Orange Blossom : Holy crap, they nailed it. It's strong too. Potent but soft. Absolutely going to order this again. 5/5

-Grapefruit and mint : Oh my goodness. This one is a stunner. I'll be reordering this one everytime. 5/5

-Citron and Mandarin : Another amazing citrus scent. Strong citrus, I love it. 4/5

-Oakmoss and Amber: Was really surprised with this one. It's very good. Green and warm at the same time. Slightly sweet. 4/5

-Sea Mist : Might be my absolute favorite out of the bunch. I get tropical spa vibes. Like being on vacation down in some tropical paradise and going to the spa, or if you're like me cuz I'm a dude, passing the spa on your way to the bar! 5/5

-Tonka and Oud: Way better than other more expensive oud scent's ive tried *Cough, nurture, Cough*. This one has woodsy spice with a subtle sweetness. 3/5

-High tide: Tropical and "oceany" if thats a thing. With strong floral undertones. Not my favorite "oceany" scent from these guys but solid none the less. 3/5

-Sea minerals: Very similar to sea mist but more subdued with a stonger "salty" smell if that makes sense. 3/5

-Spiced Honey and Tonka : Spicy indeed. The honey smell actually comes through and smells like honey. Maybe a little too spicy for me but delicious. 3/5

-Lavender Driftwood : Really dig this one. Imagine a soft lavender scent thats perfectly intense and add a slightly smoky woodsy note. Lovely. 4/5

-Caribbean Teakwood : I don't think i can describe this accurately. Tropical spa vibes again, but laced with incredible woodsy spice. 4/5

-Black Sea: Oh wow. This one is tied with Sea mist for my favorite of the batch. I'm getting a similar smell but different florals and it's delicious. Slight musk on the back end. Absolutely wonderful. 5/5

-Sel de Mer : It's got their house "oceany" smell going on but I'm getting citrus on the back end. Choose this one for more of a fresh "oceany" smell, but I dig the sweeter musk type. 3/5

-Cashmere Musk: I had high hopes for this one but it didn't do it for me. On the front end you get nice nostalgic comforting smell thats amazing. Then the backend hits like a dump truck with a detergent type smell. My hope is that this one mellows out in CP soap or a candle. 2/5 for now..

-Beachwood: I honestly didn't expect much but it sounded like something my girlfriend would like. I'm surprised in a good way! It's a hard scent to describe. Sweet and woodsy with tropical florals on the back end and with some spice. It's lovely and I'd use it for a tropical spa vibe scent. 3/5

-Coffee Shop: I'll start with a disclaimer. I roast coffee so I'm very picky about coffee scents. I've tried natures garden, which was terrible. This smells exactly like walking into a cafe that serves dessert coffee. It's wonderful. Coffee is there as well as vanilla and caramel. Homerun scent for coffee smell. 5/5

-Golden Santal: Another hard one to describe. I don't even know what I'm smelling to be honest. Maybe amber and some florals? Not sweet or fruity. More sultry than fresh. It's good though. 3/5

-Fresh Cut Grass: I'm a weirdo. I like the smell of cut grass. This one nails it almost too well. Not for everyone! It smells like grass to the point of I can smell the dirt in the grass. Wow. 5/5 for accuracy but 2/5 for enjoyability. Only order if you really want accurate grass smell. Not sure what I'll use it for..Candle?

Thats all for now. Another order of 16 is on the way and I'm glad I took the risk. Can't thank OP enough for sharing the deal. I would have never found these guys.

Attachments

• fo.PNG
    fo.PNG
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
Order is in. Right off the bat, I'm going to tell you all this now. From here on out, this will be my main supplier of FO's! I ordered 18 different scents and I didnt find a single one that was a throw away.

I'm gonna go ahead and give my thoughts. Couple things to keep in mind. All were smelled straight out of the bottle. I'll update this post when I use them in soap and they finish. Ratings will be from 1-5. With 1 being throw away, 2 being I'd use but not order again, 3 being I'd order again, 4 being I'll keep in my rotation, and 5 being and all time favorite.

-Orange Blossom : Holy crap, they nailed it. It's strong too. Potent but soft. Absolutely going to order this again. 5/5

-Grapefruit and mint : Oh my goodness. This one is a stunner. I'll be reordering this one everytime. 5/5

-Citron and Mandarin : Another amazing citrus scent. Strong citrus, I love it. 4/5

-Oakmoss and Amber: Was really surprised with this one. It's very good. Green and warm at the same time. Slightly sweet. 4/5

-Sea Mist : Might be my absolute favorite out of the bunch. I get tropical spa vibes. Like being on vacation down in some tropical paradise and going to the spa, or if you're like me cuz I'm a dude, passing the spa on your way to the bar! 5/5

-Tonka and Oud: Way better than other more expensive oud scent's ive tried *Cough, nurture, Cough*. This one has woodsy spice with a subtle sweetness. 3/5

-High tide: Tropical and "oceany" if thats a thing. With strong floral undertones. Not my favorite "oceany" scent from these guys but solid none the less. 3/5

-Sea minerals: Very similar to sea mist but more subdued with a stonger "salty" smell if that makes sense. 3/5

-Spiced Honey and Tonka : Spicy indeed. The honey smell actually comes through and smells like honey. Maybe a little too spicy for me but delicious. 3/5

-Lavender Driftwood : Really dig this one. Imagine a soft lavender scent thats perfectly intense and add a slightly smoky woodsy note. Lovely. 4/5

-Caribbean Teakwood : I don't think i can describe this accurately. Tropical spa vibes again, but laced with incredible woodsy spice. 4/5

-Black Sea: Oh wow. This one is tied with Sea mist for my favorite of the batch. I'm getting a similar smell but different florals and it's delicious. Slight musk on the back end. Absolutely wonderful. 5/5

-Sel de Mer : It's got their house "oceany" smell going on but I'm getting citrus on the back end. Choose this one for more of a fresh "oceany" smell, but I dig the sweeter musk type. 3/5

-Cashmere Musk: I had high hopes for this one but it didn't do it for me. On the front end you get nice nostalgic comforting smell thats amazing. Then the backend hits like a dump truck with a detergent type smell. My hope is that this one mellows out in CP soap or a candle. 2/5 for now..

-Beachwood: I honestly didn't expect much but it sounded like something my girlfriend would like. I'm surprised in a good way! It's a hard scent to describe. Sweet and woodsy with tropical florals on the back end and with some spice. It's lovely and I'd use it for a tropical spa vibe scent. 3/5

-Coffee Shop: I'll start with a disclaimer. I roast coffee so I'm very picky about coffee scents. I've tried natures garden, which was terrible. This smells exactly like walking into a cafe that serves dessert coffee. It's wonderful. Coffee is there as well as vanilla and caramel. Homerun scent for coffee smell. 5/5

-Golden Santal: Another hard one to describe. I don't even know what I'm smelling to be honest. Maybe amber and some florals? Not sweet or fruity. More sultry than fresh. It's good though. 3/5

-Fresh Cut Grass: I'm a weirdo. I like the smell of cut grass. This one nails it almost too well. Not for everyone! It smells like grass to the point of I can smell the dirt in the grass. Wow. 5/5 for accuracy but 2/5 for enjoyability. Only order if you really want accurate grass smell. Not sure what I'll use it for..Candle?

Thats all for now. Another order of 16 is on the way and I'm glad I took the risk. Can't thank OP enough for sharing the deal. I would have never found these guys.
Wow, you did get a bunch! I thought about the Lavendar Driftwood, but passed on it for the moment. I'll be interested to hear how you like it in soap/how it behaves, etcetera.

I'm really impressed with the authenticity of their scents. They smell like real things, not like impressions of them.

Wow, you did get a bunch! I thought about the Lavendar Driftwood, but passed on it for the moment. I'll be interested to hear how you like it in soap/how it behaves, etcetera.

I'm really impressed with the authenticity of their scents. They smell like real things, not like impressions of them.
I plan on using it soon and I'll be sure to post a reply and tag you.

@MellonFriend Many of the fragrances scent descriptions included a note that essential oils were also added to the fragrances. That surprised me so I ordered with great expectations. Perhaps that’s why the scents smell real. Thank you and @thetoe for the in depth reviews of your scent choices!!!!!

Purposely stayed out of this thread, just checked my cart and everything is back to normal prices....kinda regretting that now lol.

For those who have tried CS Orange Blossom and others (Orange Blossom from NG, Citrus Tree from FB) how's it compare? Specifically looking for the soft orange blossom smell that isn't like many other florals. I can't think of an accurate way to describe it. :-/

Last edited:
Purposely stayed out of this thread, just checked my cart and everything is back to normal prices....kinda regretting that now lol.

For those who have tried CS Orange Blossom and others (Orange Blossom from NG, Citrus Tree from FB) how's it compare? Specifically looking for the soft orange blossom smell that isn't like many other florals. I can't think of an accurate way to describe it. :-/
I am very impressed. My girlfriend loves orange blossom and she was also impressed. I definitely get the soft factor on this one.

I had a bunch in my cart and was waffling on the $10+ shipping considering I probably really shouldn’t be buying more fragrance oils… then I couldn’t find my card because I had left it in a pants pocket… then I gave up and fell asleep. I was still on the screen to put my card information in the next morning… and curiosity finally got the best of me, but it said the offer had expired.

Maybe next time. 😭 They sound good.

Used citron and mandarin this morning on some salt bars. Smells amazing and has a huge throw. The whole house smelled like fresh citrus!

Latest posts

Back