Official Challenge Entry Thread-July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Viv, coming from you that is something, I am not kidding.

I thought it was pretty cool how people's soaps progressed over their attempts as the month went along, I think they were all really good and people were pretty happy that they ended up w/such pretty ones.

It made me realize why a challenge like this is so useful, it makes you work at one thing (that you might not ever do otherwise) and really think about it, I am not so good at that sometimes. I am really glad that the organizers are willing to take the time to do it. The thought of making a video is enough to make me, well, glad other people are willing to do it.

I am not going to say anything else for fear of Sonya slapping me :)

Imma thump you NA!! Take the compliment!! TAKE IT!!

Congrats you guys! Those were some seriously rockin' soaps.

Ok, I have to call foul on that one. I totally agree w/the first two, but I think the third is just because people like me because I post so much. Really, objectively, others were better than mine. But I am still still, super-excitedly happy. I think my heart is beating a bit too fast, thank you, you guys!

Ohhh. Emm. Gee. Seriously. OMG. I keep reading the results thinking it has to be wrong. Maybe I'm dreaming and will wake up soon. Maybe it's jetlag and exhaustion so I'm not reading correctly. (I just got home from my son's wedding which was beautiful!)

When I entered my soap right after TViv I thought I was sunk because hers is so amazingly beautiful. Then came all the others that are gorgeous as well. Every entry deserved to win because each is unique and beautiful in it's own way. I enjoyed watching everyone's swirl steps as they went and the evolution of design and personality as it emerged. I think all entries deserve applause so cheers to everyone and well done!
icon_clap.gif
icon_clap.gif
icon_clap.gif

You're not dreaming, Krista, at least about the results. ;) You were solidly first and everyone voted! It is true that everyone's entry was great and I saw something in every single one that I made mental notes on to use in future, if my files can be pulled from my rusty brain, but I made no errors in my report of the top three, so congratulations!!!

Yay! I really liked the winners soaps!!

B, I want you to know that I asked my BF to choose his fave from all the choices (he doesn't know about "personalities" here) and he picked yours. He really liked it. Please take the compliment!

Krista, I seriously loved your color palette choice. And I will have to follow your pattern for a soap I make.

And Viv, your soap roses make me want to make a rose soap too!

You're not dreaming, Krista, at least about the results. ;) You were solidly first and everyone voted! It is true that everyone's entry was great and I saw something in every single one that I made mental notes on to use in future, if my files can be pulled from my rusty brain, but I made no errors in my report of the top three, so congratulations!!!

Thank you, newbie. :grin: It just goes to show how every person sees things in their own way and how hyper-critical I can be of my own work! Huge congrats to Viv and NA. You both made really beautiful soap! :clap:

I am really proud of everyone that tried this challenge. It sure made me step outside my zone!! Congratulations to the winners you guys rocked it out the park!

Back