Official Challenge Entry Thread-July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much apologize for missing Dills' post. I was scanning for pictures when I was going through and missed her link-up. We'll try to make certain everyone see that they need to re-vote and I am sorry, Dills.

To be honest with you, I was glad it was you and not Balloons, who somehow ended up off the list 2-3 times and will probably have to see a therapist for the rejection issues just for that. If we'd left off her entry too, she might never come back!

Thank you for that compliment, N_A. It's been fun! I hope people found it okay and learned something they didn't know already. My esteemed colleagues will be presenting for the next few months and will knock your socks off!

Special thanks to Galaxy for fixing the poll. Very very special thanks.

I voted. Everyone did so well! It was a really hard choice! Learned a whole lot. Thanks for the challenge.

I voted after you added that last one. hopefully mine counted. So many beautiful entries, I was going back and forth quite a bit before finally voting. One thing I noticed though, that checkmarks were appearing in the check boxes of soaps I clicked on the pictures of and not necessarily their check boxes. like, if my finger landed on a soap picture, its check box is being ticked already, so I had to be really careful that my votes went where I wanted. Now cant wait for results.
I am so happy to have participated, thank you for conducting the challenge so very well. it was great learning, may be I will use some of the knowledge in the future but I am done with colors and swirling for now. will Post the horizontal cuts of my soap in a bit.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1438381983.281536.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1438382032.499523.jpg

I definitely learned a lot from this challenge. I did not like slab molds before, and now I do. Plus learned/thought a lot about types/amounts of swirls and how they actually work. Good job, Newb. Saponista, I am waiting for the video :)

Poll results are in!!!!

Thank you every one who participated. Everything was beautiful.

Knocking it out of the park was First Place Winner.....KristaY with her beautiful teal and black soap.

Just a few votes behind in Second Place....TViv with her elegant rose, black and white soap.

And a few votes behind that in Third Place....Not_Ally with her funnel-poured red, white and blue soap that she almost gave up on entering!

Congratulations and I hope people will continue to have fun participating in our challenges. August is already up!!!

Last edited:
Ok, I have to call foul on that one. I totally agree w/the first two, but I think the third is just because people like me because I post so much. Really, objectively, others were better than mine. But I am still still, super-excitedly happy. I think my heart is beating a bit too fast, thank you, you guys!

Last edited:
Well done everyone, there were some fantastic entries! Don't do yourself down not_ally, your colour choices were lovely and your soap was really attractive and your swirling was nicely defined.

Thank you to newbie for organising it and taking on all the difficulties of it being the first one! The time and effort you put in is much appreciated. :)

Well done! Totally deserving top three!

NA - you need to stop with putting your skills down!! You make lovely soap and this proves it once and for all!! I'm sending you virtual slaps from now on when you post negatively about yourself!!

Sweet! Congratulations to all! I really loved KristaY's soap!! And NA I'm just going to say I voted for you cause yours was awesome ...so there!

Latest posts

Back