Official Challenge Entry Thread-July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you mean, N_A, but it seemed like people like to vote on these things. It is a bit deflating to come in low on the totem pole, having been there myself, but sometimes, to quote Albus Dumbledore, "We must try not to sink beneath our anguish,..., but battle on."

I completely agree with only the top three being shown.

Last edited:
You know what is interesting? Amy used to show only the top 10 vote counts, or so, in the GSC Challenge but many people actually requested that she show ALL the vote counts, which meant people could see who got one or none etc... Before, the remaining people, below those top ten, were in random order but she changed it to reflect the actual voting upon request from the participants. I was very surprised by that but that's why it is like that now.

Rowling has some fantastic quotes from her characters, I must say.

Last edited:
I think the reason for that is *b/c* the GSW challenges really geared are to the competitive aspect, and most of those people do not know each other in the way we do here. That approach is great in some ways, it produces really wonderful, innovative results sometimes. But one of the reasons I like this challenge is that it is not about winning, per se. For me, I have already won because I spent way too much time learning a new technique and am pretty happy to have done so.

Are only participants allowed to vote? I don't wanna go to vote n mess things up LOL

As with all new things and challenges, "oops" happen. We've made an "Oopsie" and forgot to include someone in the original count. :oops:

Sorry about that! :sad:

Last Entry: (Entry 19)

47DW9aQ.jpg

I will go fix the poll now! ALL those who already entered will need to re-submit with the new survey in order to make it fair! I have CLOSED the survey for now. I am at work right now and will try to get it going as the day goes on during my little breaks! The survey design server is not responding for some reason.

I agree, I think for the v. first one, this has been remarkably good and kink-free. Galaxy, I am grateful for the work that you and Newbie are putting in at this point (actually Newbie has been a powerhouse all along, thank you for being an exemplary challenge runner, newb) so that the rest of us can sit back and read about the results.

Last edited:
Voted! Choosing my favorites was harder than I thought it would be so I enlisted my daughters help in narrowing it down.

Back