Off my proverbial meds....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing - is your name already registered? I’m only asking because to my mind I would use plural or singular. Vines & Branches or Vine & Branch. But that really isn’t a big deal.
It is registered, but the plural was intentional. It's taken from John 15:5 where Jesus said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." I told a friend that even though I have mediocre skills and the market is pretty well saturated with soap makers, I feel that this is a leap of faith I'm called to take --building a business that I can use to bring glory to God. She immediately said, "Oh, you're talking about John 15:5," so the name sorta chose itself.

It is registered, but the plural was intentional. It's taken from John 15:5 where Jesus said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." I told a friend that even though I have mediocre skills and the market is pretty well saturated with soap makers, I feel that this is a leap of faith I'm called to take --building a business that I can use to bring glory to God. She immediately said, "Oh, you're talking about John 15:5," so the name sorta chose itself.
Ah, I understand.

Can I see the words in the darker color and the rest in green? Or didn’t you like that idea? Or maybe vine & branches in the dark and soapworks and the artwork in green? Between the two, I like option #2 better.
I like your idea. Unfortunately, the vines and branches are built into the font. I'm not a good enough (as in "not one at all") graphic artist to make that change.

that's too bad--I was thinking the same as dibbles--the lettering being a different color from the leaves would pop!! but between the two I like #2 the best. you did change the color of the &, it should work for the lettering over the vines

I may be in the minority but I like #1 with the green and brown better. The color distinction helps bring out the "&" and "soap works"

Is the humming bird part of the font?

I also like #1 better; both 'vine' and 'branches' sound full of life, and in #1 you have a color that reflects that. (That's why I very much liked the original vibrant green as well.)

I may be in the minority but I like #1 with the green and brown better. The color distinction helps bring out the "&" and "soap works"

Is the humming bird part of the font?
Thanks, and yes, he is, but since he is on the periphery, I'm thinking I might be able to carve him out and recolor. Gonna play with that tonight. There's similarly a butterfly on the bottom that I may whack all together. I'm trying to retain a little testosterone in this process and keep it from being so feminine. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I also like #1 better; both 'vine' and 'branches' sound full of life, and in #1 you have a color that reflects that. (That's why I very much liked the original vibrant green as well.)
Thanks. I think the vibrant green fits the motif better, but since it will be printed mostly on white backgrounds, I think it's wiser to stick with the darker green or burgundy/brown. Great point all the way around, and I SO appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. This is just a quick edit, but it might give you an idea of what you can do. I used Gimp to edit the image. If you message me, I can give you tips for how I did it so you can make changes on your own.

VB_4-24-19-multi.png

Ok. This is just a quick edit, but it might give you an idea of what you can do. I used Gimp to edit the image. If you message me, I can give you tips for how I did it so you can make changes on your own.

View attachment 38554
OK...Way cool. Will message you.

I thought I was big-time until I saw what @artemis was able to do... So much to learn.
VB_4-24-19-Olive 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty logo. Personally, I would remove the vines that go behind the letters in branches.
It makes the A and C look like a E, just kinda muddy things up. Maybe making the vines and words different shades of green would help.

Another thing to consider is making the vine more vine-y and making the vine flow through the letters in a soft curve. The branches and twigs are awfully busy to my eye. Also consider when this logo gets reduced to fit onto a soap label, the fine detail is going to get lost. If you're designing for a banner, that's a different story, but I still think the vine could do a better job of helping the eye flow through the letters. Maybe something vaguely like this --

VB_4-24-19-multi.jpg

Second, my wife, Janice, has been participating in an online weekly video conference related to some fitness goals she's been working on, (Looking awesome BTW!) and she has thoroughly enjoyed the experience of live interaction with people with similar interests. What would y'all think about setting up a video conference for any of us who'd like to chat, get to know one another, talk about soap, etc?
I'm up for this. Would be a challenge since my timings are reverse of most of you lol but it's doable.

Congratulations on the company! I hope things go smoothly for you..

As for the logo... I'll be the odd one out and say the main font doesn't appeal to me. I haven't checked about Pixlr but Gimp works in transparent layers, where you can use a separate font, and download vine brushes and use em behind. I also haven't checked but I'd bet there will be several that are also free for commercial use. Just another idea in case you need more lols

Latest posts

Back