Odor eliminating soap with no after scent - ideas?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
Does anyone have any additives or recipes for soaps that eliminate odor and keep odor away (both body odor and any soap scents?). I know baking soda is a good odor absorber but IDK how it fairs as a soap ingredient as it is a base.

I would think anything anti-microbial & anti-bacterial that stays on the skin may help fight odor but those additives with that property may have a scent of their own which is not really welcome.

Any ideas on this issue?

I make a coffee and tea tree EO soap that's pretty good for that. Soap isn't a leave-on product so it's ability to prevent BO is limited, but this soap worked well to remove odors like garlic, etc from the hands, and also to cleanse stinky feet and armpits.

I make a coffee soap with no FO and I have had more than a few Mom's of service members buy it and ship it overseas saying that it's the only soap that gets DAYS of BO off their service members.

I would like to add my two cents; it is easier eliminate body odor with change of diet and cleansing the body with herbal teas and just water. Soap should be lightly scented with maybe lavender; lavender does not cause more of odor. Body odor comes from our genetic making and from diet we use. Genle soap would be the best. Tea tree EO can be difficult for some people. I can not even stand the smell. :)

I would like to add my two cents; it is easier eliminate body odor with change of diet and cleansing the body with herbal teas and just water. Soap should be lightly scented with maybe lavender; lavender does not cause more of odor. Body odor comes from our genetic making and from diet we use. Genle soap would be the best. Tea tree EO can be difficult for some people. I can not even stand the smell. :)

Well, none of that is going to happen with my market. This is a needed product for numberous times a year. They must be scent free from BO to perfume and even as little human scent as possible. I know I can tell them diet can help, but they need any additional advantages they can get prior to this situation...

I happened along this the other day and was intrigued, because I absolutely love the smell of real dirt. Some of the comments say hunters use it. I have no idea if deer would actually be fooled. The ones in my yard aren't the brightest bulbs

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/dirt-fragrance-oil.aspx

Whoops - I meant to put this on the hunter soap thread...

Last edited:
Back