Ode to Plumeria and my mystic powers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay I made a soap with a plumeria blend with components that accelerate. My whole design depended on fast acceleration, so you can imagine my frustration as I started it and battled fluid soap for minutes on end. I emptied the soap back into the container at least twice to add more FO and stir more because it just wouldn't thicken. I finally had to give in and change my whole plan to spontaneous plan B, which wasn't at all a plan. Honest to Pete!!! Finally about 15 or 20 minutes in, things started to accelerate a bit more. You know I will NEVER EVER have that happen again because I have no idea why it happened in the first place. I wish i had made something mind-bendingly, smashingly spectacular with it because no one would ever believe it was plumeria, but my brain got a little stuck. This is fine, but I feel like some sort of potential was lost.

It smells so incredibly good. Thank you Carolyn, for your blend.

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 4.37.05 PM.jpg

Last edited:
EI tried BB's Plumeria after a free sample (from you my dear newbie) and I didn't notice an acceleration either. I did a one color basic bar thinking it would be difficult and it wasn't.

I just invested in a bigger bottle so I am curious if it will continue to behave. Even though I tend to dislike florals I really like Plumeria. And the honeysuckle from Doriettefarm.

Edit - I meant to also say it's a gorgeous soap!

Did I introduce you to Plumeria, Jules? And I gave you a non-accelerating sample? ;) It usually moves like nobody's business for me. This has happened a couple times now where I have no alternate plan if X happens and I'm hoping I remember, from now on, to have two designs in mind, a fast and slow one, so I am not a deer in the headlights. I know I quite literally threw my hands in the air several times and I just couldn't think of a design to do. This soap reminds my for Fruit Stripe gum. Do people remember that?

Yes! I blended it with the crisp anjou pear, I wonder if that helped. I will let you know once I try it again if it moves on me or not.

It totally looks like fruit stripe gum! Yes!

Back