Octopus soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have finally been getting into using my 3d printer - such an exciting new tool! I made this soap with all plant colorants for “that OTHER” soap challenge. 😊 I have big plans for other things to make.
57E291DF-809B-4D70-8A5B-D184C526B5EB.jpeg

Wait!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! 1) What did you 3D print? Molds? How did you manage to get the soap out? 2) What program did you use? 3) Did you find other resources? 4) How long did it take to print? 5) Did you have a problem with the little bumpy things from the filament? 6) What kind of printer do you have?

I have so many more but my brain is just so excited that it's going a mile a minute and things are just scrambled.

Wait!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! 1) What did you 3D print? Molds? How did you manage to get the soap out? 2) What program did you use? 3) Did you find other resources? 4) How long did it take to print? 5) Did you have a problem with the little bumpy things from the filament? 6) What kind of printer do you have?

I have so many more but my brain is just so excited that it's going a mile a minute and things are just scrambled.
I 3d printed extruder discs. I have a prusa mini - I drew the shapes in procreate, and then created svg files in Adobe (free) then created the discs in tinkercad. Then used the prusa slicer to create the code file that the printer uses.
Highly recommend Prusa. Excellent support and quality product.
I had a couple days of figuring stuff out but it really was all pretty straightforward. I’m a beginner but tinkercadd is not hard to dive in to and they have good online training.

This soap is so cool. A 3D printer would be a fun toy to have.
It really is… I bet you’d love it.

Assuming I could figure out how to make it work😂
I bought this printer a year ago. I was too intimidated to even open the box. I did finally have two people who helped me put it together but I could have done it myself - if you can follow ikea instructions you can do this. Even after it was put together I was still timid about it but once I dove in I realized it is totally doable. It’s such fun and the possibilities are endless!

AAAMAAAAZZing!
I haven't learned to swirl yet o_O
Ha well clearly you need to watch all the wonderful content on YouTube.
Malcolm Gladwell has a book called ”Outliers” in which he talks about how all the great musicians, artists, athletes, etc. put in 10,000 hours of practice to hone their skills. When I make a soaping mistake (ahem like 10 times per day 🙄) I try to remember that I haven’t put in my 10,000 hours yet.

Last edited:
Oh not to worry @Vicki C , I read that book and I agree with you. I have been making and testing my formulas for a year...palm-free and vegan are not the easiest. The swirls and whirls are in my near future.

:dance:
Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!

I have finally been getting into using my 3d printer - such an exciting new tool! I made this soap with all plant colorants for “that OTHER” soap challenge. 😊 I have big plans for other things to make. View attachment 71168

OMG how did I miss thisssss?!? ⁉️ BEAUTIFUL, and with NATURAL COLORANTS! Come on now.... ⭐ 🌟 ⭐ ❤️

I found this post of yours many months after the fact looking for 3D printer recommendations because I am seriously considering buying one at this point....and I SERIOUSLY need a workshop o_O

I am in love with the overall look of all of your soaps....you have some serious creativity going on, and I am hunting for inspiration right now, before I begin on my large batches for this year.

You do amazing work! ❤️

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back