October 2022 SMF Soap Challenge – Laminar Flow Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dividers still have not arrived. At this point, even if they came tomorrow, given my schedule, I won’t be submitting an entry. Instead, this was my failed attempt. I love the colors. I will attempt it when my dividers do arrive, though, because the effect is unique
4A7DD97C-3DAD-4B64-8FC4-533829902DA8.jpeg

My dividers still have not arrived. At this point, even if they came tomorrow, given my schedule, I won’t be submitting an entry. Instead, this was my failed attempt. I love the colors. I will attempt it when my dividers do arrive, though, because the effect is unique View attachment 69223
So pretty!

@AliOop I actually really like that your pours were a bit uneven. 😍

@KiwiMoose Love the rainbow colors!!
Thank you Phoenix :)
Ali Oop - you've only gone and used my favourite colours! Not pink, but orange and citrus tones - we can only hope that the pink will turn more coral with the FO discolouration ;-) I'm totally gonna go with this next time I make it.

I injured my thumb a week ago and have little by little been getting the bars beveled. They are finally ready for photos so I hope the sun is shining tomorrow. I can make, but planing is still too much pressure in the wrong place for my hand.

The soaps in both the entry thread and posted here are beautiful. What a fun challenge!

As a reminder, the challenge closing date on October 27 at 11:59 GMT is approaching! Here is a link to one mechanism for determining the correct time in your time zone versus GMT: GMT to CST Converter - Savvy Time

I also want to let everyone know that I may be delayed a day or two in sending out the voting link due to some unforeseen obligations at work this week. If that happens, I will keep the voting open a little longer.

@VikingChick @dmcgee5034 thank you. The bevel was made with the soap router I got from Wild Plantanica. I was always vegetable peeler challenged, and I love this tool. I have the 4" standard one and it looks like the 5" extra wide is the same price? I think I paid less for mine than the current price on the website, but maybe she doesn't have any 4" ones available. Also, the cost of everything has gone up.

Now that my entry is in - good job everyone! @KiwiMoose I love your fun rainbow color palette and might have to steal the idea. I think I would mess up the color order though. @MrsZ Your pours are so even and I think the two vertically cut bars are so interesting in that one looks like the bars that were cut horizontally and the other has the colors so tightly stacked. Thanks for showing those. @dmcgee5034 Your soap is so pretty. I am a sucker for pastels and I really love your colors. @VikingChick I really think your soap are lovely and it's nice to have company in the Vikings Broken Hearts club. @AliOop Wow! The colors just pop, the pour is perfect and the texture of your soap looks so smooth. Well done! @The_Phoenix it's too bad you didn't enter your soap. I love it - there is something so interesting about the movement and I think the cut bars will look great.

Oh boy. I poured mine but it is a mess! If I can get it out of the mold tomorrow I’ll try to enter it. How do people get this design to work? Mine is really laughable…🙄
@Vicki C I thought the exact same about mine, so get ready to be surprised by the cut. It really does look much better when you open it up.

@dibbles you are so gracious - thank you as always for the encouragement. 💜 Your entry is just sublime - the colors, the pour, the beveling... 😍

@Vicki C I thought the exact same about mine, so get ready to be surprised by the cut. It really does look much better when you open it up.

@dibbles you are so gracious - thank you as always for the encouragement. 💜 Your entry is just sublime - the colors, the pour, the beveling... 😍
Maybe! I’m babysitting my daughter today so I’ll see if I can cut it this am. And agree - Dibbles your soap is gorgeous! All the entries are beautiful - I think mine will be the ugly duckilng.

Maybe! I’m babysitting my daughter today so I’ll see if I can cut it this am. And agree - Dibbles your soap is gorgeous! All the entries are beautiful - I think mine will be the ugly duckilng.
Thank you, and yours is far from an ugly duckling - I can hardly believe your colors are natural. I hope you keep a bar to see how they age. It seems like they would retain the colors for a long time.

Latest posts

Back