October 2017 SMF Soap Challenge, simple minimalistic swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Kittish! Minimalism I can do!

2. MommyCarlson - I'm in!

3. Rusti - me three!

4. jewels621 - coming in off of a post-SoapCon higher! I'm in!

5. dibbles - Love it!

6. BattleGnome - I can tongue-in-cheek make a Christmas present for my minimalist sister

7. Mx6inpenn - I'm thinking Christmas too

8. CaraBou - Oh yeah, uh huh!

9. PenelopeJane - Minimalist is easy! Right??

10. BlackDog - this is probably a lot harder than it looks

11. SunRiseArts I agree with black dog. is a trick!

12. SoapTrey - I sincerely appreciate all the encouragement and because of that I'll give it a shot!

13. Earlene - LOL - Lucky 13

14. Ibct1969 - nervous for my first challenge especially against some SERIOUS talent!

15. SoapAddict - thanks!

16. TheDragonGirl- Its been a while, lets do this thing

17. Soapprentice - Note to self “ do not go over board, it’s a simple and minimalist challenge”

18. SaltedFig - Why not?

19. Artemis - it's time to stock up anyway, right? Right?

20. HowieRoll - been too long since I've been able to participate. Yikes - minimalist = a real challenge for me!

21. Skatergirl46 - I’m in!
22. jules92207 - I need a good excuse to get back in the groove, count me in!
23. Traumabrew
24. Cirafly24- I'm in! 24 is my lucky number :)

First off I am so sorry for not responding sooner. I injured my arm pretty badly last night and found myself at the ER all morning and afternoon today.

I hope you get better soon, ouch. And do let us/ challenge team know if you are unable to host. I'm sure lots of people will come to help.

ETA: oops, sorry that I wrote this. totally forgot you can use audio type. very cool! and we should applaud you for hosting in such a condition. Way to go, lionprincess00!!!

I hope you get better soon, ouch. And do let us/ challenge team know if you are unable to host. I'm sure lots of people will come to help.

ETA: oops, sorry that I wrote this. totally forgot you can use audio type. very cool! and we should applaud you for hosting in such a condition. Way to go, lionprincess00!!!

Well, technically I had already made soap, uploaded the videos, and pretyped the challenge. I even managed to start the challenge a tad early before Oct 1. So glad I did because all this happened appx 830pm September 29th! Grrr. I'll be fine. As my husband and I say, "I'll live" haha.

I'm putting off surgery til the 24th, and the other hosts will help me finish the survey and link it for everyone. Thank you everyone for the well wishes and encouraging words!

Round 2 is finally in the mold after I learned some important life lessons with Round 1. The irony is that my "minimalistic" design takes 2 days to complete. So far I'm happier with Round 2, in spite of not being overly thrilled with the way the main color came out. Turns out I needed to be a little heavier-handed with it. Drasted. Well, chalk that up to another life lesson.

I totally love these challenges. So much learning along the way!

I can't locate my 1 lb molds & I don't have enough of the fo I want to use to do a full batch. My question is, can I use my individual bars mold for the challenge or should I go with my PVC pipe mold?

Literally just posting to see if I have enough posts to join in LOL

Edit - WAHOO! Count me in. I'll add my name to the list

1. Kittish! Minimalism I can do!

2. MommyCarlson - I'm in!

3. Rusti - me three!

4. jewels621 - coming in off of a post-SoapCon higher! I'm in!

5. dibbles - Love it!

6. BattleGnome - I can tongue-in-cheek make a Christmas present for my minimalist sister

7. Mx6inpenn - I'm thinking Christmas too

8. CaraBou - Oh yeah, uh huh!

9. PenelopeJane - Minimalist is easy! Right??

10. BlackDog - this is probably a lot harder than it looks

11. SunRiseArts I agree with black dog. is a trick!

12. SoapTrey - I sincerely appreciate all the encouragement and because of that I'll give it a shot!

13. Earlene - LOL - Lucky 13

14. Ibct1969 - nervous for my first challenge especially against some SERIOUS talent!

15. SoapAddict - thanks!

16. TheDragonGirl- Its been a while, lets do this thing

17. Soapprentice - Note to self “ do not go over board, it’s a simple and minimalist challenge”

18. SaltedFig - Why not?

19. Artemis - it's time to stock up anyway, right? Right?

20. HowieRoll - been too long since I've been able to participate. Yikes - minimalist = a real challenge for me!

21. Skatergirl46 - I’m in!

22. jules92207 - I need a good excuse to get back in the groove, count me in!

23. Traumabrew

24. Cirafly24- I'm in! 24 is my lucky number

25. Primrose - only a newbie learning to swirl, and I like minimal, so this will hopefully work for me!

I just saw those beautiful MP soaps so that answered my mold question. I thought they had to be loaf style soaps.

Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

Yes, individual bars molds work. My only warning with them is you'll need to be extremely light-handed with your accents. They will overwhelm such a small individual bar if you are not careful. :)

So excited to see how many have signed up this month! I am just plain giddy to see all the entries! Cleaned up all my bats for my entry soap yesterday, but may make one more try today just because I love this challenge so much. I needed this to teach myself some restraint!

Did another MP for the challenge, but unsure if it would qualify, but I like it, and smells soooooo good.

straberry soap (3).jpg

Did another MP for the challenge, but unsure if it would qualify, but I like it, and smells soooooo good.

Honestly, I think that would qualify. And it looks awesome!

I got my soap unmolded and cut, and I'm happy with how it looks. In a week or so I'll get it trimmed and prettied up, and take some pictures.

Latest posts

Back