October 2017 SMF Soap Challenge, simple minimalistic swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did mine today. I used like 10% too. But not sure how it looks, as is still in the mold!

I really really wanted to use glitter, but I was able to stop myself. Is not easy, you know?

Picture! Picture! Picture !

Here you go! This is at about 17%.

DSC02068_0745.jpg

1. Kittish! Minimalism I can do!
2. MommyCarlson - I'm in!
3. Rusti - me three!
4. jewels621 - coming in off of a post-SoapCon higher! I'm in!
5. dibbles - Love it!
6. BattleGnome - I can tongue-in-cheek make a Christmas present for my minimalist sister
7. Mx6inpenn - I'm thinking Christmas too
8. CaraBou - Oh yeah, uh huh!
9. PenelopeJane - Minimalist is easy! Right??
10. BlackDog - this is probably a lot harder than it looks
11. SunRiseArts I agree with black dog. is a trick!
12. SoapTrey - I sincerely appreciate all the encouragement and because of that I'll give it a shot!
13. Earlene - LOL - Lucky 13
14. Ibct1969 - nervous for my first challenge especially against some SERIOUS talent!
15. SoapAddict - thanks!
16. TheDragonGirl- Its been a while, lets do this thing
17. Soapprentice - Note to self “ do not go over board, it’s a simple and minimalist challenge”
18. SaltedFig - Why not?
19. Artemis - it's time to stock up anyway, right? Right?
20. HowieRoll - been too long since I've been able to participate. Yikes - minimalist = a real challenge for me!

I am happy with my first attempt, but it's not what I intended. I was making a confetti soap, but my confetti was way too small, I think. There are very faint speckles, but no distinct confetti spots.I'll have to see if I can find a grater with bigger holes in it.

Jewels, that bar is gorgeous!

Thank you....I knew this wasn't going to be my last attempt. I was mostly looking to figure out proportion and to see if I liked this green after it gelled. I do like it....it's 2 parts green vibrance mica to 1 part black pearl mica. Both from Nurture. It's scented with NG Balsam FO at 3% PPO. I love the scent. Very subtle Christmas tree. Hence the name....O Tannenbaum. I can't wait to try again. I love these challenges!

Planning mine. Already have a design in mind, though fragrance will affect color choice. I'm kind of leaning toward patchouli, ylang ylang and cinnamon leaf as my EO combo.

Kittish, one day I need to sniff your soap ....

3. Rusti - me three!
5. dibbles - Love it!
6. BattleGnome - I can tongue-in-cheek make a Christmas present for my minimalist sister
12. SoapTrey - I sincerely appreciate all the encouragement and because of that I'll give it a shot!
14. Ibct1969 - nervous for my first challenge especially against some SERIOUS talent!
15. SoapAddict - thanks!
17. Soapprentice - Note to self “ do not go over board, it’s a simple and minimalist challenge”
18. SaltedFig - Why not?
20. HowieRoll - been too long since I've been able to participate. Yikes - minimalist = a real challenge for me!
21. Skatergirl46 - I’m in!

ANNOUNCEMENT:
If you've joined after my announcement, please scroll back to the announcement in red on percentages. CaraBou made a discovery on percentages of accent colors.

Second, I am scheduled for surgery for October 24th. Saponista is going to help me finish the survey and the challenge. For those that read about my fall, the MRI report states the radial collateral ligament has a suspected complete tear, the lateral ulnar collateral ligament is completely torn (these are kind of connected together on the outside of the elbow), and my radial head (bone right at those ligaments at the elbow) subluxed (shifted). If left alone the dr said it will eventually dislocate, so surgery :(

Sorry to everyone for this month's cluster!!!

3. Rusti - me three!

5. dibbles - Love it!

15. SoapAddict - thanks!

18. SaltedFig - Why not?

21. Skatergirl46 - I’m in!
22. jules92207 - I need a good excuse to get back in the groove, count me in!

LionPrincess, I am so sorry you will need to have surgery, and also that you have to wait so long for it. I hope your pain eases before the surgery can happen. It sounds like a pretty bad injury.

Back