October 2017 SMF Soap Challenge, simple minimalistic swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just voted, I thought there was a stand out winner for me but took me ages to decide on second and third because there were so many really awesome soaps!

Just voted. I’m such a moron, I had an entry and I just plum missed the window. I don’t think any of mine held a candle to the entries though, what beautiful soaps! It was a challenge deciding.

Just voted, I thought there was a stand out winner

Yes there was -- that soap is awesome!

Just voted. I’m such a moron, I had an entry and I just plum missed the window.

That sucks! But please post somewhere - either here or in the Photo forum. I have a couple rejects I'm gonna post once the challenge is over. I figure it's worth sharing the good, the bad and the ugly.

I just voted. been scrolling up and down and just cannot decide. There's way too much beauty queens in this challenge. ;)

Thanks lionprincess00 & saponista. Especially kudos to lionprincess00. Hope your surgery went well and recover very soon.

Hey everyone. I looked at the survey and I've had 20 responses so far, so there are six that still haven't voted. I want to get the word out to make sure everybody has an opportunity to vote before the challenge closes.

Just voted. I’m such a moron, I had an entry and I just plum missed the window. I don’t think any of mine held a candle to the entries though, what beautiful soaps! It was a challenge deciding.

Please post it here, I'd love to see it :D

5 people haven't voted. If you happen across the Forum please vote and I will announce the winners tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Thank you to everyone for bearing with me this month. Unfortunately October has turned into one of the worst months for the last few years. It was always my favorite month, it's my birthday month. Now, however, it's my oh crap what happened month.

Thx again.

I'm sorry this has been so hard on you lionprincess00. I truly appreciate the effort you've put into this!

Thank you. I'll be fine. I'll live LOL. My follow-up visit a week from Wednesday, and then my first physical therapy is Thursday the 9th. I get to enjoy that for six weeks in a weird brace. Joy, Happy Thanksgiving yay (jk).

One of these days I will have the most awesome October and will bring it back to the frontline again, or I will die trying haha!

Just to let everyone know that it is me running next month's challenge. I am currently ready to throw the video camera at the wall as it failed to let me know that the data card was full so the end of my video isn't there and I am now tearing my hair out wondering why I can't get the PC to recognise the camera is there when I plug it in. So this is to let you know that there will be a post of the new challenge at some pint tomorrow, but I'm not sure when!

Just to let everyone know that it is me running next month's challenge. I am currently ready to throw the video camera at the wall as it failed to let me know that the data card was full so the end of my video isn't there and I am now tearing my hair out wondering why I can't get the PC to recognise the camera is there when I plug it in. So this is to let you know that there will be a post of the new challenge at some pint tomorrow, but I'm not sure when!

Can you take the data card out and have the computer read directly from it? I've got adapters for SD and micro SD cards that let me plug them directly into a USB slot.

Also, did you check your cord at both ends? I was having problems getting my computer to see my phone when I tethered it. Turns out it was the cord, one end had gone wonky and it wasn't keeping contact when plugged in.

Looking forward to your challenge, and I hope you get your technological difficulties worked out.

I'm so sorry. I feel awful because you helped me so much this month. I wish I could help, and if there is anything you think I might be able to do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

Big congrats to jewels621, saltedfig, and CaraBou, all well-deserved! I'm honored (and surprised) to be sharing third!

Thank you again, lionprincess00, for hosting such a great challenge, especially amidst all of your personal challenges this month. Warm thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Congratulations to all the winners-really gorgeous soaps, and well deserved wins.

Thank you LP for hosting this month. I hope you heal quickly and don't have too hard of a time in PT. Thanks to Saponista too for pitching in.

I'm honored to be in those ranks - their soaps were way more outstanding than mine. Congrats jewels, salted fig and HowieRoll! And thanks a bunch lp for sticking with this despite your troubles.

Congratulations to Jewels (stunning!) HowieRoll (thank-you for sharing your method) and CaraBou (I adored your other entry too!).
(I am flattered that my entry was included in this group, thank you.)

What an amazing collection of soaps your idea brought about lionprincess00, you have my admiration for seeing it through.

October Challenge Winners!

1st Place
jewels621

2nd place
saltedfig

3rd place
A TIE!
HowieRoll AND CaraBou!

Thank you for participating everybody. I am so sorry for all the issues this month.

Congratulations to everyone who participated!! This has been my favorite challenge so far; simple enough to interest many people of varying experience, but also shows how "simple" doesn't mean easy!

And lionprincess - no one cares that the challenge had some little bumps along the way while you took care of yourself! You were always more important!

Latest posts

Back