OatmealMilk&Honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinevere

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’m looking for a really good OatmealMilk&Honey FO. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Guinevere

I really like Nurture's OMH. I've not tried any others though. Oob it also had an almondy scent but seemed to go away after it was in soap.

I’ll add that it’s not super strong. It’s more of a subtle thing which is what I was going for. Not sure how strong others are...

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of BB's. Tried Elements Bath and Body's version and found it too almond-y for me. Smelled like Play-Doh.

My customers love WSP's OM &H. I also make it real by adding colloidal oatmeal, goat milk and honey. This morning I had an order for a whole batch of 28 bars with the request of adding aloe vera to it as well.

I just noticed on WSP's website they now have an OMH II. They also still carry the original which is marked ORIGINAL. Mine is the original but the OMH II reviews are very positive and say it smells just like the original and is a LOT less money! I will try that next.

I started making my own blend some years ago, because all of the ones I'd ever tried at the time (except for Oregon Trails version) smelled more like almond instead of actual oats, milk and honey. I mix 28.57 % Oregon Trails OMH- which has absolutely no almond notes at all, but is still not quite perfect to my nose - with 71.43 % Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses (I make up a bottle of it and use it @ .75 oz ppo in my soap). When blended together in those proportions, it smells like real, actual oatmeal, milk & honey in my soap, and it also stays true without morphing.

IrishLass :)

Thank you for that IrishLass!! I've never found an OMH that I liked - the best blend I've come up with was 75% WSP OMH and 25% RE Sweet n Creamy, but I still didn't love it.
I was actually just about to soap DS Milk Sugar Kisses alone this week and add some ground oatmeal, buttermilk powder, and honey and just call it OMH since I always have people who ask for this soap type at festivals!!
Is it OK if I use your blend? I'll list it in my ingredients as "Irish Lass fragrance blend" if that's alright with you???

Thank you IrishLass!! I’m laying here with a kitten on my tummy and I have to peepee and she’s asleep!!

Thank you for that IrishLass!! I've never found an OMH that I liked - the best blend I've come up with was 75% WSP OMH and 25% RE Sweet n Creamy, but I still didn't love it.
I was actually just about to soap DS Milk Sugar Kisses alone this week and add some ground oatmeal, buttermilk powder, and honey and just call it OMH since I always have people who ask for this soap type at festivals!!
Is it OK if I use your blend? I'll list it in my ingredients as "Irish Lass fragrance blend" if that's alright with you???

By all means, go for it- and you don't need to use my name! Thank you for asking, though! :)

IrishLass :)

Soaping today and quite without planning, I looked into the box of FO I bought from someone on here who was selling out. I had bought a bottle of OMH from Symphony Scents. For those of you who don't want an almond scent, this is perfect. It hasn't made it to the mold yet but oob is very nice.

All are always very light for me.. I can never smell them very well no matter whom I've bought from. But I tried the WSP II version and it has a bit more almond at first but evens out yet keeps a scent better overall I think.

Soaping today and quite without planning, I looked into the box of FO I bought from someone on here who was selling out. I had bought a bottle of OMH from Symphony Scents. For those of you who don't want an almond scent, this is perfect. It hasn't made it to the mold yet but oob is very nice.

So cut my Symphony OMH today and don't smell any almond if that's what people are looking for. It actually does smell like a bowl of oatmeal.

I used to use their OMH and agree that it's just a nice oatmeal scent without all the almond. I like that it's less sweet than some. (I stopped using it because it just doesn't play nice in my LS.) NG's is similar to my nose, doesn't discolor as dark in CP as SS, is less expensive, and plays better with my LS (but not perfect).

I used to use their OMH and agree that it's just a nice oatmeal scent without all the almond. I like that it's less sweet than some. (I stopped using it because it just doesn't play nice in my LS.) NG's is similar to my nose, doesn't discolor as dark in CP as SS, is less expensive, and plays better with my LS (but not perfect).
That's the experience I had with WSP's OMH in LS. I love the smell of it but it really thickened and smelled bad in LS

Symphony Scent's OMH was my go-to for a long time. Something changed with it though, my bars would end up ugly and greasy after cure. I use Sweet Cake's version now - it's as good as Symphony Scent's but doesn't cause any problems.

My favorite out of the bottle is Nature's Garden's version, I have not tried it in soap yet. The one from WSP smells nice too, though during curing it smells a bit weird, it eventually balances out.

Back