Quantcast

Oatmeal Soap recipe

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

kitten

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Oatmeal Soap


10 oz. palm oil
4 oz. coconut oil
2 oz. olive oil
1/4 c. oatmeal, run through
the blender or coffee grinder
2 oz. lye
1 c. water
Scent (optional)

Mix lye and water and set aside to cool. Melt palm oil and coconut oil together and set aside to cool. Mix the olive oil and oatmeal. When the lye reaches 100 degrees and the fats are 120 degrees, pour the lye into the fats and stir until it traces. Add the oatmeal, and stir until well mixed. Pour the soap into molds. Allow to sit for 24-48 hours. Unmold and cut if needed.
 

Gigi2

Active Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland
I have also added some grind up oatmeal on the top of CP. Worked well. I have several bars over a year old, and they still look great.
 
G

Guest

I ran your recipe thru a soap calculator.

I got 16ozs (1lb of soap)

your lye should be 2.3ozs

your water should be between 4-6ozs

your dont have enough lye or water. your soap is not going to come out right.
 

soapbuddy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
22
Location
Hot Desert of Cali
smellitlikeitis said:
I ran your recipe thru a soap calculator.

I got 16ozs (1lb of soap)

your lye should be 2.3ozs

your water should be between 4-6ozs

your dont have enough lye or water. your soap is not going to come out right.
I wondered about that too. I'm glad you said something. I thought maybe it was a typo.

Irena
 
G

Guest

soapbuddy said:
smellitlikeitis said:
I ran your recipe thru a soap calculator.

I got 16ozs (1lb of soap)

your lye should be 2.3ozs

your water should be between 4-6ozs

your dont have enough lye or water. your soap is not going to come out right.
I wondered about that too. I'm glad you said something. I thought maybe it was a typo.

Irena
Yeah, when I read it.. It didnt seem right to me, especially the cup of water.. so thats why I went to run it really quick.
 

soapbuddy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
22
Location
Hot Desert of Cali
smellitlikeitis said:
soapbuddy said:
smellitlikeitis said:
I ran your recipe thru a soap calculator.

I got 16ozs (1lb of soap)

your lye should be 2.3ozs

your water should be between 4-6ozs

your dont have enough lye or water. your soap is not going to come out right.
I wondered about that too. I'm glad you said something. I thought maybe it was a typo.

Irena
Yeah, when I read it.. It didnt seem right to me, especially the cup of water.. so thats why I went to run it really quick.
Good thinking! :D

Irena
 

Latest posts

Top