Oatmeal Soap Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Klesick

Reaction score
Hello, I know you guys probably all have your own Oatmeal soap recipe, but I thought I would share this one I have found to be good, If you have a good Oatmeal soap recipe? Could you post it here?

Oatmeal Soap

10 oz palm oil
4 oz coconut
2 oz olive oil
1/4 cup oatmeal run through the blender
2 oz. Lye
8 oz. water
1/4 oz E.O.

Follow basic soap making instructions.

If you have a really tried and true or better recipe please post it! :)

Michael Goonan's Oatmeal spice m&p recipe

Ingredients: 1cup melted goatsmilk m&p soap base 2 tablespoons water 2 tablespoons kukui nut oil 1/2 tablespoon ground oatmeal 1/2 teaspoon powdered nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon powdered allspice 1/4 teaspoon powdered cloves 4 drops citronella 3 drops French Vanilla fragrance Instructions:Cut the soap base into 1 inch cubes,then put them into a microwavable measuring cup and put the microwave on 2 minutes-70 seconds high heat.Open the micrwave at 1:00 minutes, stirring to make sure everything is now in a liquid form.When its completely melted, add the water and the oil,then stir.Now add in the ground oatmeal, followed by the various spices listed above.Lastely add in the citronella and french vanilla,giving the mixture a good stir all around.Then pour the mixture into your mold and let it harden for 20-30 minutes.Release from the mold and there you are- a soap that smellls SO GOOD that you would rather eat it instead of washing with it !! 8)

Emily Klesick said:
Hello, I know you guys probably all have your own Oatmeal soap recipe, but I thought I would share this one I have found to be good, If you have a good Oatmeal soap recipe? Could you post it here?

Oatmeal Soap

10 oz palm oil
4 oz coconut
2 oz olive oil
1/4 cup oatmeal run through the blender
2 oz. Lye
8 oz. water
1/4 oz E.O.

Follow basic soap making instructions.

If you have a really tried and true or better recipe please post it! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Two brief comments. The water amount seems excessive, I agree with the other poster that 4-6 oz would be better.

1/4 oz of EO per PPO is a bit on the light side. .5 - 1 oz PPO is going to stick around longer.

Back