Oatmeal Milk Honey FO color ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marchroses

Reaction score
Does the OMH FO lend a color on it's own to your soap?

I noticed that Almond Biscotti made my bars a nice caramel color and Vanilla of course made a deep brown. None of my other FO or EO batches changed colors (peppermint, Yuzu, tea and ginger, etc stayed the light yellow soap color).

I'm wondering about OMH before I soap it? Also, if you want a tinge of deeper color can you add a teaspoon of vanilla FO to a 4 lb batch and have it add a slight darkening?

That sounds lovely! With only 10 batches under my belt I'm still a little nervous about trying food mix in's. Although the dry mix in's like mint and grapefruit peel have been turning out very nice.

I am enjoying the look of my layered soap and was hoping that if OMH naturally deepens a bit, I could pour most of the log with the OMH scent and do a 1 inch layer of the natural colored soap on top with ground oatmeal in it. Then I would have that nice contrast layered look I've been enjoying :)

AND if you add 2x more of the OMH than you should and a pinch of real honey... you will get a really dark lovely color :wink:

Those pictures were very helpful, I think I have my plan now! Can't wait to get soaping today :)

Latest posts

Back