Oatmeal Milk and Honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKrynicki

Reaction score
So I tried to make a batch of triple butter soap from scratch instead of using the pre-mix bags, and this is Oatmeal Milk and Honey scented. Thoughts? I cut it and some oil looks like it didn't fully mix even though it was at a medium trace.

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_080250955_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190525_080250955_HDR.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 32
Looks alright to me. Those darker areas - did you add anything besides FO, oil, lye, and water? It's possible your FO wasn't mixed super well so when it discolored it discolored more in the areas in which it was more concentrated.

Did you add the fragrance oil at trace or pre-mix in your oils first? If you did the latter, it's probably the FO not fully mixed. Try mixing your FO into the oils before adding the lye and see if that helps in future.

Did you hand-mix or use the stick blender? If you hand-mixed it, it can sometimes take several minutes of stirring to incorporate the FO fully. That's why I do what earlene mentioned and typically add my FO to my oils before adding the lye solution.

I use a stick blender, but next time I will add it to the oils before adding the lye-water. Hopefully it makes a difference.

Back