Oatmeal as additive to CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BritSoap

Reaction score
I want to put oatmeal in my CP soap - so that it sinks to the bottom to form a layer. What do you recommend? Can I just use store bought oatmeal? If so - should I cook it first, or add it raw? Any issues with using 'food'? Should I use a preservative? Sorry for what might seem like silly questions - I am a beginner here.

I usually mix my oatmeal in at trace and stir. Maybe layer it on the bottom of your mold before pouring your soap? I have never tried it before but this might work. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. :)

I also do not cook my oats before adding them. I like to use organic old fashion oats from a local health food store.

Good luck and have fun creating something new!

Becky

I don't know about adding oatmeal as a bottom layer but to add oatmeal to soap be sure to use the old fashioned oats( not the quick cooking kind). Put them dry in a blender and pulverize for a few seconds. Add at trace.

Be careful or you can have a soap that is too scrubbie. When adding extras to soap for exfoliation, a little goes a long way.

If you want the oatmeal to be at the bottom try layering it when you put it in your mold. Put a little soap then sprinkle some oatmeal then pour the rest of the soap in. I've never tried it, but something to think about.

I think it will be fine. Maybe a little scratchy.

I use Baby Oatmeal in my soaps - love it!

Marr

Back