Oat milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetTaboo

Reaction score
I’m trying to make an oatmeal soap with oat milk but I am confused on to substitute some of the water for oat milk. Am I correct by using half of the water for lye and the other half as oat milk. Is it better to blend the oat with water or just use the oat milk?

I use the split method with all my milk soaps (no matter what type of milk I might be using): I mix my lye with an equal amount of my required water amount by weight, and then add the remaining required water amount as milk to my oils.

IrishLass :)

I use the split method with all my milk soaps (no matter what type of milk I might be using): I mix my lye with an equal amount of my required water amount by weight, and then add the remaining required water amount as milk to my oils.

IrishLass :)
Thanks I was wondering if this was correct. I’m going to try it.

I do the same as Irish Lass.
I make my own oat milk. I dissolve any additives into the oat milk as the water/lye mix won’t take anymore additives (it is fully saturated).
I add the milk to the oils and SB before adding the lye mix.

I have used oat milk as the full water part of my lye mixture twice in the past. But it does go very gluggy - like cooked porridge - and I have to force it through a sieve when adding it to my oils. More recently I tend to use it as only half of the liquid in the water - for example, if the recipe requires 300g water, I use 150g water and 150g oat milk and i dissolve the lye in that. It still goes a bit gluggy but not as much. I haven't done the split method yet but I might try that at some time in the future.

Latest posts

Back