O Christmas Tree

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every year I attempt a reverse secret feather swirl and today's is the best yet! Scented with equal parts fir needle, rosemary, peppermint, bergamot, and eucalyptus essential oils -- very winter-y smelling. Also proud of the top, not my strong suit.
20221017_185400.jpg

20221017_184224.jpg

The lovely shades of green really make it pop! You almost convince me to try this design again.

Do you know the magic ratios of batter for each part? Last time I tried this design, I ran out of my base color too soon and ended up with short bars (and leftover tree batter).

The lovely shades of green really make it pop! You almost convince me to try this design again.

Do you know the magic ratios of batter for each part? Last time I tried this design, I ran out of my base color too soon and ended up with short bars (and leftover tree batter).
I've been taking good notes on this design over the years. For 3 green colors, I took 10% of total weight for each of the three greens, and 5% for the brown. So total weight was 1,600 grams. Green 1 was 160 g, green 2 was 160 g, green 3 was 160 g, brown was 80 g. I barely had enough base color so will make 10% more next time. I had enough leftover greens for 2 single cavity molds.

Gear ties work better than clothes hangers.
After adding lye solution to oils, stir until emulsion. Then split into cups for colors and scents. Work quickly because batter thickens quickly.

Back