Nurture's Satsuma completely fades?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you used it and how did it cure out for you? I've got some 10 day old soap and the scent is completely gone! Dang - I have a big bottle of it.

I've had really good luck with Nurture's Satsuma. It's one of the few citrus scents that hold for me. I will say that it does seem to disappear after a bit of time, but then it comes back nicely. The fragrance really "blooms" when the soap is used. I use it at .75 oz. ppo.

Thanks bumbleklutz, I'll wait and see what happens.

I hope it works out for you. It's been a real sticker for me, especially for a citrus. I've never had a problem with it sticking, but I soap it pretty cool between 90-110 degrees F. I've been told it's a fragrance that can "burn off" if it's soaped too hot, but I've never experienced it. I'm willing to bet it will come back for you. It's really a lovely fragrance. It is one of my favorites.

Have you used it and how did it cure out for you? I've got some 10 day old soap and the scent is completely gone! Dang - I have a big bottle of it.

Yep. Made a batch with satsuma and the scent is completely gone after only 2 weeks. Used 1 oz ppo. I've never seen a scent fade into oblivion like it before.

I hope it works out for you. It's been a real sticker for me, especially for a citrus. I've never had a problem with it sticking, but I soap it pretty cool between 90-110 degrees F. I've been told it's a fragrance that can "burn off" if it's soaped too hot, but I've never experienced it. I'm willing to bet it will come back for you. It's really a lovely fragrance. It is one of my favorites.
Did you use the same brand? Different suppliers usually have different fragrance formulas, even if from the same manufacturer and some hold while some will not. Fragrances do not really burn off and if you are thinking the flash point it is the point that the fo will or can ignite. Soaping cool really makes no difference and it will still heat up during gel, even if you do not gel some fo's just fade. I actually have one fo that faded to the point I could not sell it, but after 4 months the fragrance came back. Those soaps are now over a year old and smell wonderful, so you just never know.

Did you use the same brand? Different suppliers usually have different fragrance formulas, even if from the same manufacturer and some hold while some will not. Fragrances do not really burn off and if you are thinking the flash point it is the point that the fo will or can ignite. Soaping cool really makes no difference and it will still heat up during gel, even if you do not gel some fo's just fade. I actually have one fo that faded to the point I could not sell it, but after 4 months the fragrance came back. Those soaps are now over a year old and smell wonderful, so you just never know.

I used Nurtures. That's good to hear. I hope mine comes back.

I just used some nurture soap EO and FO yesterday. The soap with lemongrass is so strong today it is too strong in tbe room it is in and it wrnt to partial gel in the fridge. ...and the sandlewood and franken....the scents are gone and that one started to gel before I could get to fridge..but I caught it and insulated ..looks great..no smell.

I bought Mango - Tangerine or is it Tangerine -Mango from Nature's Garden Candles on a whim a while back. It smells like sooooo good, just like a sweet satsuma. Boy oh boy is it strong and sticks forever! I used 5%. Just thought you'd like to know [emoji6].

WSP's Satsuma is sticking very well for me. I made my bars in August/September and they still smell lovely. I just wish they sold better...

Latest posts

Back