Nurture Soap Shipping Protection Bogus?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MellonFriend

Reaction score
I haven't purchased from Nuture Soap for a few months and now I notice they have some new shipping protection charge? What do you generally do? Do you pay a few dollars for insurance or just keep your well-earned dollars to spend on other things? I'm sort of inclined to wave it, but I would be pretty darned mad if the company sends me a broken bottle of FO and won't do anything about it since I didn't pay.

Last edited:
This option was instituted during that period in the pandemic when so many packages were seriously delayed and lost. So it probably had more to do with covering her cost to replace a lost package for you, than it did with damage to the items inside. I personally just remove the charge from my cart because I've never had any issues with her packages being lost or even delayed.

I noticed that today too. Isn’t your product covered by the shipper anyway? I guess it wouldn’t be for badly packed products. It kind of turned me off to be honest.
it would only be covered if they use a shipping method that offers insurance, like Ups for up to $100 or priority mail, or if they buy insurance separately. Personally, when I ship items I ask if they want insurance and give them the priority mail option, or offer first class with tracking and explain that first class does not include insurance, unless bought separately.

This option was instituted during that period in the pandemic when so many packages were seriously delayed and lost. So it probably had more to do with covering her cost to replace a lost package for you, than it did with damage to the items inside. I personally just remove the charge from my cart because I've never had any issues with her packages being lost or even delayed.

It says right there: "We are not liable for lost, damaged, or stolen items."

Insurance isn't automatic unless it's Priority Mail via USPS and then it is limited. While we are fortunate in my neighborhood not to have a lot of 'porch pirate' activity, we have gotten a few 'empty' packages over the past year and Amazon was great about replacing the items. It helps that hubby is retired and home almost all day, we are careful to track our packages, and we have a security camera that notifies us at least 75% of time when someone approaches the front door. And most of the delivery drivers...USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon are fairly decent about ringing the door bell or knocking on the door.

I have a friend who has a business (make up/skin care) and she had to make a lot of changes to her shipping and return policies over the last few years. She has had to quit shipping internationally to several countries because of "lost/stolen" packages. In order to get 'damaged' items replaced, you have to send a complete set of photos of the package (inside and out) and return the damaged product; it has really cut down on the number of claims.

Sometimes I take the Protection, sometimes I don't...what it comes down to is whether I can easily afford to replace the items or not. A $30 to $100 order isn't too huge of a deal...I wont's like it, but I'll suck it up. But a $200-$300 order...that's going to hurt. And I dislike shopping as a whole so I tend to do things in 'bulk'.

I haven't purchased from Nuture Soap for a few months and now I notice they have some new shipping protection charge? What do you generally do? Do you pay a few dollars for insurance or just keep your well-earned dollars to spend on other things? I'm sort of inclined to wave it, but I would be pretty darned mad if the company sends me a broken bottle of FO and won't do anything about it since I didn't pay.

Last time I ordered from ns, their bottles were plastic and were wrapped pretty snugly so I wouldn't worry too much about breaking. HOWEVER, I did once have an ns order that, pardon my french, was a clusterf8k.

at that time, ns used fedex for their free shipping, but with that service, fedex contracted with usps for last mile delivery. either way, someone lost the package and for over a month, fedex and usps pointed the finger at each other. i'm 99% sure it was fedex that dropped the ball.

Either way, fedex wouldn't do anything about it because they said that the package wasn't officially "lost", ns was sympathetic but not a huge help and usps of course just said they never got the pacakage.

if they are using that same service for shipping, i might get the insurance for a large order. but frankly, the insurance company might just give you the same run around.

I purchased some more from ns after that, but the entire incident kinda took a little shine off for me. though i'd repeat that the woman there was very sympathetic and never mean. she either couldn't help or didn't know how.

Back