Nurture Soap package

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angiem915

Reaction score
I received my mystery package of micas with surprise inside. It was such a sweet package. Inside they had the micas wrapped like a present and a couple of small surprises. . Attention to detail like this definitely makes me want to order from them again!

My new Nurture mold/birthday present is set to arrive today. Soooo excited! I got the7 pound one and am going to make a birthday castile with it in a week!

Got my Nuture order yesterday...can't wait to try my yellow vibrance mica...got the whole vibrance sample set, a sample of the black glitter mica and the clear glitter. Of course I can't wait to play with my new piping set. Carrie threw in a few sample micas as well...

I just ordered 2 of the 7lb silicone liners today so I'm happy to see that you love them shunt! The 2lb tall, skinny Nurture mold is my favorite and it will always be my go-to mold for test batches but I needed to scale up to something larger. Of course I added a handful of micas to my shopping cart as well . . . Alpine Green was the result of jules' beautimous Winter Holiday swap soap and Apple Green was due to kchaystack's enabling :)

Last edited:
I just ordered 2 of the 7lb silicone liners today so I'm happy to see that you love them shunt! The 2lb tall, skinny Nurture mold is my favorite and it will always be my go-to mold for test batches but I needed to scale up to something larger. Of course I added a handful of micas to my shopping cart as well . . . Alpine Green was the result of jules' beautimous Winter Holiday swap soap and Apple Green was due to kckaystack's enabling :)

I would like to get a few more. But for now I'll use the two I have along with the 8 wooden molds my husband made me that the Brambleberry silicone liners fit into. I think I have almost all the colors from nurture. They ate the most reliable for sure. I just used the alpine along with a red for my Apple Cinnamon soap. It's gelling right now.

I love my 7 lb molds. I have two and they work so well. I'm sure you'll love them too.

Yayyy! Even more excited. I'm so pumped about having the silicone liner. NO MORE FREEZER PAPER. My boyfriend saw me lining the other day and asked, "you have to do that every time?" Ugh. Yes. But not for long! He's the mold gifter :)

I'm planning on getting a few of their molds as my Christmas present (it's been hard not to push the buy button, but I'm trying to show restraint this year). Do y'all think the premium one is worth it, or should I just go for the basic one?

I'm planning on getting a few of their molds as my Christmas present (it's been hard not to push the buy button, but I'm trying to show restraint this year). Do y'all think the premium one is worth it, or should I just go for the basic one?

I have the premium 2.5 lb mold and I love it - unmolding is so easy. I was using the CC silicone mold before that and really having a problem getting my soaps to consistently gel, which I want want them to do. I don't have any experience with any other kind of wood mold, so that might be enough insulation. I'm also a relentless peeker (just can't seem to leave those soap babies alone), so the clear lid really is a bonus for me.

I've got the 2.5lb & 4.5lb tall skinny molds in the basic version. I like the smaller mold better mainly because I have small hands and my wire cutter isn't tall enough for the larger loaf. I couldn't justify the extra cost for the premium version to get removable sides and see-thru cover. I usually try to avoid gel so the cover is only attractive in terms of preventing ash and is out of the question if you do piped tops. My recipes use a goodly amount of hard oils plus sodium lactate so I can typically unmold and cut in under 24hrs. I've never had any trouble pushing the liner out of the basic mold but it could be a test of patience if you use a high ratio of soft oils in your recipe.

The silicone liner is a huge time-saver as I'm not into lining molds AT ALL! That's the main reason I splurged on the 7lb liners. I've already got a large wood mold that I hate lining so 2 of those 7lb silicone liners will fit inside just perfectly if my measurements were correct! They must be popular because after I ordered I received an email that they are backordered :(

I'll be replacing my BB loaf mold since the liner doesn't fit squarely in the mold. It makes my sides wonky which drives me insane. I'm with you on loathing lining and am totally willing to buy a whole new mold to avoid the hassle and wonky sides. I sometimes do high tops, but I just tent saran wrap over them using strategic toothpick placement. I love that the Nurture ones are okay for CPOP (the BB one isn't). I don't CPOP very often, but I like to have the option.

I've got the American Soap Supplies Tall & Skinny mold that I LOVE. It takes about 40oz though so I'll probably be in the market for the 2.5lb Nurture T&S one eventually. A 2.5lb mold makes it so I can try out 2oz of FOs at a time at 1oz ppo strength. That's the perfect size for a hobbyist FOHO like me. And I think I just talked myself into the T&S one this Christmas too...

Seriously snappy you should treat yourself to the 2.5lb tall skinny . . . I promise you won't regret it! You'll have to pry mine outta my cold, dead hands I love it so much! Don't know why it never occurred to me to pour a smaller batch in the 4.5lb tall skinny for a squarer shaped bar. That way I can still use my cheese cutter without mangling the bars. I might have to try this out tomorrow because at the moment I have more ideas in the hopper than I have molds.

I've been looking at Nurture molds. too. All I've used is silicone molds and so many times I have trouble with bowing. I never seem to get enough support on the side, particularly my tall mold. A wood mold would solve that.

I just bought the standards set up. I like the extra height and I just cover them with cardboard then put a towel over that. No problem gelling. Also they just slide right out of the wooden base. There are holes you can push through but I've never had to use them.

Dang guys...I don't need another mold! But I've been wanting a nurture tall and skinny... I've had my eye on the alpine green too.

I've got both sizes of the basic tall & skinny mold (2.5 & 4.5lbs). Just ordered 2 of the 7lb silicone liners and Carrie emailed that they were back in stock so I'm looking forward to my new toys later this week!

I've got both sizes of the basic tall & skinny mold (2.5 & 4.5lbs). Just ordered 2 of the 7lb silicone liners and Carrie emailed that they were back in stock so I'm looking forward to my new toys later this week!

Do you have a box or molds for the liners to fit in? I'm looking for a way to get more without having to build more molds. Inquiring minds want to know. 8)

I too am tired of the Brambleberry liners after a time stretching out and not fitting properly. All my molds are made to hold those. Except for the two that I purchased with the liners from Nurture.

Has anyone tried swapping nurture soap silicone liners after a few hours of setup? So say you make 1 loaf and after 3-4 hours of sett up take the current liner out and start a new loaf so instead of buying wood and silicone you can just purchase liners separately? I would think if you have a recipe that takes 48 to unmold you could. Just a thought

Latest posts

Back