Nurture Soap Blackberry Mica Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I made a soap yesterday and planned 3 pointy layers of different purples. The layer that turned out gray was Blackberry and in the jar it is a very dark purple. I mixed it and it looked almost black so I added a little bit of MM guilty grape and a small amount of TD to lighten it up and this is what I got. Needless to say I’m disappointed in the color. Has anyone used this mica? What kind of color did you get if so. TIA.

Attachments

• 65D5B6B7-1412-4BE7-9B34-FB4A6156207A.jpeg
    65D5B6B7-1412-4BE7-9B34-FB4A6156207A.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 44
So i think I answered my own question. I went to the site and read up on the color a little further. Apparently in CP it can turn gray depending on the recipe. It looks like this color works best in M&P which is why I originally bought it to make blackberry embeds. Oh well...soap and learn...

I think when I used blackberry mica it ended up looking more black than purple. The added TD maybe gave you the gray color. I will use it to darken a purple slightly, and I keep a small amount of it as it will make a nice burgundy. I can't remember the exact mix I used, but I'm sure it was in there. Like Mobjack Bay, Cheshire Cat from Nurture is my favorite dark purple. Cosmic Purple from Micas and More is pretty close to that.

So I made a soap yesterday and planned 3 pointy layers of different purples. The layer that turned out gray was Blackberry and in the jar it is a very dark purple. I mixed it and it looked almost black so I added a little bit of MM guilty grape and a small amount of TD to lighten it up and this is what I got. Needless to say I’m disappointed in the color. Has anyone used this mica? What kind of color did you get if so. TIA.
Just Pigments sells a dark purple that I have never had a problem with in any recipe that I have used.

Blackberry mica is one of my favorite micas. Jersey Girl, maybe try again.
I trusted the mica and used it without any other additives. I see Blackberry mica as a black with hint of purple.
View attachment 47032This is what happened. View attachment 47033 This is blackberry soap dusted with Blackberry mica. I hope this helps for future. :)

Beautiful!

Latest posts

Back