Nurture doesn't carry SAO now??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guspuppy

Reaction score
I finally got around to trying to cost out my standard recipe today and went to Nurture to make sure what I paid for the SAO.....only to find the only oils they carry now are their 'house' pre-mixed base, and olive?? What the heck? Where are you all buying sweet almond oil now? I so liked Nurture for the one-stop shopping. *sigh* I dread WSP and their shipping times......

I got a good price awhile back at SaveOnCitric. Their sister site is ChemistryConnection.com. The prices and shipping aren't always the same so it is worth comparing the two sites to see which is better at the time. I've been happy with the oils and other things I've gotten from them, including citric acid, citrate, and some other oils and ingredients for syndet bars. They also have sodium metabisulfite for making vanilla stabilizer!

I haven't bought any in a while; but I would probably get mine from Soaper's Choice. Here is a supplier in Penn.
https://www.ancienthealingoils.com/essential-oils/carrier-oils/carriers-a-z/?Itemid=130
Nice. It's always handy to learn of a supplier that's potentially closer to me... As long as they're not in the Ohio part of Pennsylvania that is.

Edit- I just priced them out. MAYBE if I lived within vicinity of their facilities but their oils are pricey. Nature's Garden is a better deal- with shipping.

Last edited:
Over the years, I have noticed Almond Oil is becoming harder to find. I once wondered if it was related to so many nut allergies and if that was why supply chain was diminishing. But apparently that was not the reason.

I did a tiny bit of research and found that 83% of the world's almonds come from California, and that the California droughts have affected almond orchards, so the supply chain is diminished due to the persistant repeating droughts. And more recently, CoVid has affected production/distribution of Almond Oil in many countries where it is processed.

But because of the decreased supply and increased cost of Almond Oil over the last several years, I have pretty much stopped using it in soap. If & when I can find it, I do still use it for dressing salads.

I got a good price awhile back at SaveOnCitric. Their sister site is ChemistryConnection.com. The prices and shipping aren't always the same so it is worth comparing the two sites to see which is better at the time. I've been happy with the oils and other things I've gotten from them, including citric acid, citrate, and some other oils and ingredients for syndet bars. They also have sodium metabisulfite for making vanilla stabilizer!

I only just saw this. Thank you @AliOop !

Nice. It's always handy to learn of a supplier that's potentially closer to me... As long as they're not in the Ohio part of Pennsylvania that is.

Edit- I just priced them out. MAYBE if I lived within vicinity of their facilities but their oils are pricey. Nature's Garden is a better deal- with shipping.

I thought the same!!

I get mine from soapers choice - I only use it in lip balms though so it lasts me a long time. Good to know about Nature's Garden, I'll check it out next time I run out.

I've been buying the Baja Precious brand the last few years.
https://www.bajaprecious.com/wholesaleI don't use a ton of it so I only buy ~1 gallon a year or so.
But with shipping to Alaska the price is decent.
Quality seems good to me also.
Their fulfillment is through Amazon whether you buy from Amazon or directly from their site.

I really like almond oil. I get good responses from people who use it when they compare it to Avocado oil but Avocado oil has such label appeal - people think is is fabulous!! Fortunately we grow some almonds in Australia so we still have supply despite covid. Cannot say the same for Fos the ingredients for which have been in drastically reduced supply for the last 8 months here.

I really like almond oil. I get good responses from people who use it when they compare it to Avocado oil but Avocado oil has such label appeal - people think is is fabulous!! Fortunately we grow some almonds in Australia so we still have supply despite covid. Cannot say the same for Fos the ingredients for which have been in drastically reduced supply for the last 8 months here.

well the fo problem sucks! Glad you still have almond though. I love it in soap. 🙂

Back