NS Mad about Mint

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
Just a heads up NS website said no acceleration in cp but I had almost soap on a stick 30 min ago. Recipe oo, co, po, castor

I've found with their fragrance oils you need to really look at the testing beforehand, they normally use a very fluid recipe with full water and low temps.

I've found with their fragrance oils you need to really look at the testing beforehand, they normally use a very fluid recipe with full water and low temps.
Ah I think you solved this! I have had hardening issues with everything lately so I tried a small water discount with my normal recipe. I bet that's what did it! Thank you!

Ah I think you solved this! I have had hardening issues with everything lately so I tried a small water discount with my normal recipe. I bet that's what did it! Thank you!
Your welcome! I know this because it happened to me as well 😍

Your welcome! I know this because it happened to me as well 😍
Cat&Oak, this is my "Glacier Frost" plop and glop with the Mad about Mint

Attachments

• 20210709_112201.jpg
    20210709_112201.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 21
Huh. I used that FO once & called it "Strugglemint" b/c it didn't want to trace at all. Imagine salt bars refusing to trace, it was bizarre. 😂 I thought the scent was okay, but I've since decided I like BB's Moroccan Mint much better.

I have had trouble with every mint EO and FO I have purchased in the last 2 years. And they are from many different suppliers. I don't know why, but I have resorted to using mints in only single color soaps with huge water discounts, soaping with no sugars, and right at room temperature to help to avoid plop and pray. I sprinkle micas or texture the tops to give them some visual oomph.

I have had trouble with every mint EO and FO I have purchased in the last 2 years. And they are from many different suppliers. I don't know why, but I have resorted to using mints in only single color soaps with huge water discounts, soaping with no sugars, and right at room temperature to help to avoid plop and pray. I sprinkle micas or texture the tops to give them some visual oomph.

Have you tried Wild Mint and Ivy from MMS? It smells wonderful and fresh and it soaped like a dream for me. I had multiple greens swirled in the white and it was fine.

Latest posts

Back