NS green vibrance mica

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A while back I ordered the sample pack of vibrance micas. I have been leary about using the green since I've seen a number of people mention it morphed. Their website shows a nice green for court so I assume it doesn't always morph. What does it change to? Anyone know any specific circumstances or ingredients this happens with? I'd love to use it in my next batch, but can't if it will morph since the soaps are for the swap. I have a couple other green options, but they don't end up quite the color I'm wanting.

I've had it portions of it change to an olive green and stay there. Here's a batch I made. Most of it is a minty true green, but if you look closely at the center of the full bar, you can see a different olive green.

This was actually one of my best batches with it. I didn't take photos of other times I've used it, and the olive/pukey green is more pronounced... sorry.

ETA: I do not gel my soap so that may have something to do with it. Who knows??

IMG_0126_zpszipbibud.jpg

I haven't had a problem with it morphing, but I usually mix it with something else to get the color I want. I mix it with Kombu Green quite often to deepen the color, or add it to a yellow-green to adjust the shade a bit.

Pretty soap, Snappyllama!

I've used it a few times. It's pukey when you mix it with batter - I remember the first time I used it panicking because it was not even close to what I wanted. But it always looks great after a gel. I've never used it and not gelled. It does bleed a bit, though. Like if I have it next to a white, there's a bit of a halo.

A while back I ordered the sample pack of vibrance micas. I have been leary about using the green since I've seen a number of people mention it morphed. Their website shows a nice green for court so I assume it doesn't always morph. What does it change to? Anyone know any specific circumstances or ingredients this happens with? I'd love to use it in my next batch, but can't if it will morph since the soaps are for the swap. I have a couple other green options, but they don't end up quite the color I'm wanting.

Nurture's green for me, morphs to army green in about a minute - I can never tell what color is should have been! It's always bounced back to a pleasant color.

But I'm still looking for a good green - a nice rich grass/Kelly green.

I've had it portions of it change to an olive green and stay there. Here's a batch I made. Most of it is a minty true green, but if you look closely at the center of the full bar, you can see a different olive green.

This was actually one of my best batches with it. I didn't take photos of other times I've used it, and the olive/pukey green is more pronounced... sorry.

ETA: I do not gel my soap so that may have something to do with it. Who knows??

IMG_0126_zpszipbibud.jpg

Those are gorgeous!!! Super gorgeous!!!

This is Blue Vibrance and Green Vibrance. All are 2tsp mica to 32oz soap batter, used 2tbsp titanium dioxide in the whole batch, liquid was 10.6oz water with the lye, 8 ounces coconut milk and 8 ounces goat milk (both canned) at trace, spearmint and eucalyptus EOs from BB for scent. 7 tsp sodium lactate at trace. The Green is straight green, the Blue is straight blue, and the teal-ish is 1tsp of each. Made last night, cut today, I think it gelled, but it never got above 125°F, even with insulation. Lye water was 75° and oils were 90° when mixed. The pics of the soap that looks like crap are where I glopped the leftovers into individual molds. The better looking ones are a failed dancing funnel that halfway through I switched to just squeezing lines of soap and tried to only swirl halfway through the mold with a skewer.

Back