note to self

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
note to self---nothing that measures micas or things that micas are mixed in prior to going into the soap belong in the dishwasher yikes, I had to "scrub" everything that was plastic as it was covered with a very pretty pink film. there was hardly anything in the little bowl I used to mix it and ditto with the teaspoon I used to measure it

I usually use the dishwasher for soapy stuff, but only non plastics, and separate from household stuff.. Funny story, though - the other day when I was washing, hubby came home to find suds all over our floor!!! Never again will I be too lazy to mostly wipe down my mixing tubs!!

I usually use the dishwasher for soapy stuff, but only non plastics, and separate from household stuff.. Funny story, though - the other day when I was washing, hubby came home to find suds all over our floor!!! Never again will I be too lazy to mostly wipe down my mixing tubs!!

haha I ran out of dishwashing soap a few years ago and thought what could it hurt to use some dawn--its for dishes right? I had suds everywhere too

Our dishwasher is still tinted green from first time I tried to run a mica mixing bowl through the wash a few months ago. Since then I got stainless steel condiment cups to mix them and wash all of them by hand.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this (mica) stuff is a tenacious mess!!! So pretty, though... :thumbs:

I use stainless steel measuring spoons. Easy to wipe the mica off and don't need to wash them.

I use paper dixie cups for mixing my colors. I do wash my stuff in the dishwasher, but I squeegee all of the soap out of my pot with a silicone spatula, and I wipe down other stuff with a paper towel.

I use stainless steel measuring spoons. Easy to wipe the mica off and don't need to wash them.
See, this is why I love this forum. You just saved me a whole lotta mess!! Like @Misschief , we have two dishwashers in my house -- wifey and me -- but the mica gets all over the sink and other dishes, etc. I will 'dry wash' from now on!

The moulds are hard to clean, I find, getting in all the nooks and crannies like the flower moulds. :-(

Back