Not the only one sweating, in the cellar.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody. just a quick pic of my salt bars. The others are not as bad. I have a fan running in the door. But really need a dehumidifier. Not decided if I should touch them. I did kinda dab the worst of it off. the lighter ones are almost 2 months old. Thanks for looking.
sweat.jpg

My basement gets really humid in the summer too. I run a dehumidifier all year to keep my soap in 45% humidity. We just bought a new one a couple of weeks ago because the old one quit on us.

I love my dehumidifier. I wipe all of of the droplets off whenever I see them and turn on the dehumidifier. I am concerned that they will stain or cause DOS (even if I have no proof of that).

just an after thought. I noticed that the last batches. Made with 31% water reduction, vs 38% default soapcalc setting. are not really sweating. So, even more reason to work with a water reduction. Learning in leaps and bounds and hop, skips, and jumps too.

Hello everybody. just a quick pic of my salt bars. The others are not as bad. I have a fan running in the door. But really need a dehumidifier. Not decided if I should touch them. I did kinda dab the worst of it off. the lighter ones are almost 2 months old. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 47479
Yikes! They look like I feel when I went outside today! They are really pretty though!

Latest posts

Back