Not sure what to do with these soaps. Should I redo them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
These are my valentines soaps. Scent is jasmine, rose, with a touch of musk and vanilla.

Look whats happened to them since I made them. I don't know how this happened but I'm not sure I'm happy with the idea of selling these. They are supposed to be pure white. What do you think?

Attachments

• 20220107_155846.jpg
    20220107_155846.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 106
I think they are absolutely fine, they are handmade and don't need to be perfect.
Any FO with vanilla will discolor, these barely changed. The spots are likely from the FO not getting fully.mixed in, did you hand stir?

I actually like these better like this then I would pure white.

Oops thought I posted this last night, but apparently not. My thoughts that I had noted but not posted were similar to the others:

The spots look like unmixed fragrance. Also, did you use a vanilla stabilizer, or was it supposed to be a non-discoloring vanilla? I’m sure you know that any fragrance with vanillin will discolor over time, unless you use a vanilla stabilizer or it is listed as non-discoloring vanilla (which has stabilizer already in it). Nothing harmful, just appearance.

Oops thought I posted this last night, but apparently not. My thoughts that I had noted but not posted were similar to the others:

The spots look like unmixed fragrance. Also, did you use a vanilla stabilizer, or was it supposed to be a non-discoloring vanilla? I’m sure you know that any fragrance with vanillin will discolor over time, unless you use a vanilla stabilizer or it is listed as non-discoloring vanilla (which has stabilizer already in it). Nothing harmful, just appearance.
That's what I figured. I just haven't seen vanilla go black, it's always brown. I couldn't find my vanilla stabilizer or I'd have used it. I just received a non discoloring vanilla and it's worked beautifully with my bath bombs made of the same scents. The recipe for soap is shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, sweet almond oil, and castor oil. I just ordered more of the jasmine from Nurture so hopefully it comes quickly.

Latest posts

Back